Many Pokemon Scarlet and Violet players are looking for a Trade Code to get a Foreign Ditto. This Pokemon plays an important role when it comes to breeding your other Pokemon. But what if you can get a Ditto that even increases your chances of breeding a Shiny? So in this guide check out the trade code to get a Foreign Ditto in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
Foreign Ditto Trade Code in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
You should use the code “4448-4448” for trading any Ditto or Foreign Ditto in these games. You can do this using the Trade system in the game. Here are the exact steps for how you can get a Foreign Ditto:
- Press the X button and open the Poke Portal menu.
- Next, choose Link Trade. I wouldn’t recommend using Surprise trade, as the name implies it’s a surprise so you won’t know the Pokemon until you receive it. Hence Link Trade is the option you should use.
- Press the “+” button on your controller and set the code given above.
- The game will then show you the Pokemon in your Party and Boxes.
- Select the Ditto that you wish to trade.
- The game will then show you the Ditto that the trader is offering you.
- Click on Trade it.
- An animation will start showing the two Pokemon being exchanged and you will receive your Foreign Ditto.
Do remember both players will need to use the same code given above to be able to match with each other.
Why you should get yourself a Foreign Ditto?
The main reason you or any player would want to get a Foreign Ditto is for the Masuda method. This is a method to get Shiny Pokemon by breeding two Pokemon. When you breed your Pokemon with another Pokemon from a different region you simply increase your odds of getting shiny Pokemon by a lot. And what better Pokemon to choose for this task, than breeding with Ditto?
That covers this guide on the trade code to get Foreign Ditto in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. If you enjoy playing this game then be sure to check out our Pokemon SV guides.