Darkest Dungeon 2 is a fun turn-based combat game but sometimes it seems to get an issue that needs a fix when it gets stuck on a black screen. This seems to be an issue mainly on the Steam Deck but it is also happening in some cases on a PC. When you do get past it, the game is a fun and unique turn-based fighter where you pit your party of 4 heroes and go on a journey to various dungeons and lairs. Let’s see how you can start playing the game by getting past the black screen issue.
How to Fix Black Screen Issue in Darkest Dungeon 2
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fix the black screen issue in Darkest Dungeons 2:
- Open the Steam library. Here, navigate to the Darkest Dungeon 2 steam page.
- On the right side of the screen there will be a settings icon, click this to access the game’s Settings.
- You will now have a dropdown menu. Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility section in Properties.
- Now here, you need to check the box that says “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool”.
- This will give you a list of them, select “Proton Experimental”.
- Apply all the changes and then close the window.
- Launch the game.
Doing this should fix your black screen issue, especially if you are playing on the Steam Deck. This method was proven to be working by many users on social media and the Steam community page where this was posted. If it does not, you might need to try the classic fixes like restarting your game and or reinstalling it.
That is all you need to know on how to fix the black screen bug or issue in Darkest Dungeon 2. Once you get into the game, however, you might want to know the best team comp in Darkest Dungeon 2 and also how to upgrade your characters in Darkest Dungeon 2.