In Baldur’s Gate 3, you should complete the Finish the Masterwork weapon quest if you are looking for a way to upgrade your weapon. Only if that weapon happens to be a dagger, greatsword, or a sickle. This is an interesting quest, that you may come across while exploring the Blighted Village. It talks about the hidden blueprints for an incomplete weapon. But randomly going about looking for the weapon or even the blueprints will most likely get you nowhere. So here is a full walkthrough of where you can find the Highcliff’s Journal and Sussur Tree Bark for Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest in BG3.
Finish the Masterwork Weapon Quest Walkthrough for Baldur’s Gate 3
- To start the quest, go to the Blacksmith’s House in Blighted Village and find the Highcliff’s Journal. It’s rough coordinates are X: 32 and Y: 43. The journal is placed near the fireplace.
- Read the journal and it will mention a blueprint needed to make the masterwork weapon.
- Go to the next room in this building and you will find the floor covered with Calcified Web. Destroy it and jump down.
- When you reach down, on your left will be a wooden chest. You need to Disarm it to open the chest without activating the explosive. If you choose to lockpick it, then you need to roll 10 on the Dice check for Sleight of Hand Check. Use a character with high dexterity if possible.
- From the chest, you will get Highcliff’s Blueprints.
- Before you leave, climb up the ladder and open the chest here to get Infernal Iron, you will need it for Karlach’s companion quest. This is an optional but recommended step.
- Next, you need a bark from the Sussur tree to make this weapon.
- Go to Underdark and head west towards the Sussur Tree.
- Press and hold the Alt-key so that it highlights items.
- The coordinates where you will find the Sussur Tree bark are roughly X: -15, and Y: -140. You can get here by climbing the Knotted Roots.
- After getting the bark, go back to the Blacksmith’s House.
- Here, use the Furnace to craft the weapon of your choice. As mentioned before, you only get to choose between a dagger, a sickle, or a greatsword.
- Start the Furnace by clicking on it and then click on the Bellows to make the flames stronger.
- Now, add the Sussur tree bark to the Furnace. This will turn the flames blue.
- Finally, add the weapon that you wish to upgrade.
- After the cutscene, the quest will be complete and your weapon will upgrade.
That’s all you need to do to get the Sussur Tree Bark in Baldur’s Gate 3 and Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest. For more help on this game also check out how to cure the bloodless condition, all Bernard answers, and how camera controls work.