FFXIV has released the Endwalker expansion. But while the expansion might be out it has come with a lot of bugs. We have seen how you can fix the error code 2002 and error 3001. But there is one error that is more problematic than them both. And that is the DirectX 11 Crash Error. This is even annoying when compared to the previous two errors because this issue has no apparent rhyme or reason. Players have gotten this issue randomly, they might be multitasking but the game will work fine. The other times, even if they only have the game running and nothing else the game will crash. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix the DirectX 11 Crash error in FF14.
How to fix the DirectX 11 Crash Error in FF14 (FFXIV)
Before we get into the fixes, you must know that there is no official fix for this issue. While that may be the case you can still resolve it by trying these workarounds. Since there is no definite solution for this problem you will have to try these fixes until one of them works. You can also check this Reddit thread for the entire discussion. I have noted down the fixes that have a high chance of working. Now without further ado let’s check the fixes.
- Delete local profile data: Delete your local profile data to see if it fixes the issue. Thanks to user u/PM_ME_YOUR_IZANAGI for sharing this fix.
- Downclock your GPU: This might sound like an odd fix but if your graphics card came overclocked then it might cause issues with the game. Nvidia users can try using the debug mode in order to fix this issue. Go to the Nvidia Control panel and click on the help tab, here click on Debug mode to enable it. This fix worked for user u/kirbfucius on Reddit.
- Reinstall the game: While this fix is known to be working, it is still a tedious wait if you have slow internet. If the game isn’t working anyway then you might as well reinstall the game. u/Starbornsoul found this fix to be working for them.
- Update your drivers: Keeping your graphic drivers up to date can help resolve this issue. Remember whenever you update your drivers, restart your PC this will ensure the update takes effect. Try playing the game after your drivers are up to date.
- Restart the game: Keeping the most basic fix for the last, press Alt + F4 and choose to restart the PC. Once it restarts try playing the game again.
If the above solutions don’t work then you will have to wait till the developers release an update fixing this issue.
That sums up this guide on how to fix the DirectX 11 crash error on FF14 (FFXIV). If you like playing this game then be sure to check our other guides on long queue times explained and unable to download patch files fix.