In Payday 2, the ‘Failed Joining Game’ error has plagued many players and they are looking for ways to fix it. This error can be especially frustrating because this online multiplayer title features fast-paced co-op heist missions you can play with friends. Moreover, it’s a decade-old game so at this point, we cannot really expect new patches from Overkill Software. Fortunately, we have some workaround methods to fix this issue. If you can’t join your friend’s games or can’t load into the game at all, try these troubleshooting tips right away.
How to Fix ‘Failed Joining Game’ Error in Payday 2
The Payday 2 ‘Failed Joining Game’ error mostly occurs due to server outages. So before trying to fix it, make sure you check if the Payday 2 servers are down on the DownDetector website. This error may also happen due to syncing errors and damaged or missing files. You can use the following methods to fix it.
- Restart the Game and the System
- Power-cycle your Internet Router
- Verify and Repair Game Files
- Check for Payday 2 Updates
- Invite and Join Friends
Fix 1 – Restart the Game and the System
As we mentioned, this error can occur if the game has not synced with the servers. It happens when the servers are back online after an outage. In this case, restarting the game and the system is the best way to fix this error. By doing so, the system clears the cache clutter and resyncs with the servers.
Fix 2 – Power-Cycle your Internet Router
Another reason for this error is a poor internet connection. First, use any speed test on a browser to check if your internet is working properly. If not, then turn off the router and unplug it. Then, restart the router to flush any unnecessary cache files.
Fix 3 – Verify and Repair Game Files
If you’re playing Payday 2 on a PC, then you can try the following method to fix the ‘Failed Joining Game’ error:
- Launch your Steam Client.
- Go to the Library and right-click on Payday 2.
- Select Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Verify the integrity of files’ button and wait for the process to get over.
- Launch the game and check if the problem persists.
- This will delete any corrupted files and replace them with fresh ones.
Fix 4 – Check for Payday 2 Updates
While it is highly unlikely, you can also check if the game has new updates or any ones that you missed. Fortunately, you can check and update the game manually on Steam.
- Launch your Steam client.
- Go to the Library section and right-click on Payday 2.
- Select Properties and go to the Updates tab.
- Make sure you select the ‘Always keep this game updated’ option in the Automatic Updates section.
Fix 5 – Invite and Join Friends
Many players reported that playing with friends online fixed this error for them. You can also try this method by inviting and joining your friends’ lobby to fix this error.
If all the methods are unsuccessful, then we recommend you delete all the mods or reinstall the game.
We hope this guide helped you fix the ‘Failed Joining Game’ error in Payday 2. If you deleted your mods to fix this error, then here are some of the best mods for this game.