Elder Scrolls Online is an action role-playing game by Bethesda Game Studios. ESO revolves around completing several quests and random events as you explore its expansive world. But some have been facing an error as they cannot log in to the game. This error will prompt you with the message “login failed, an unknown error has occurred“. As players are restricted from playing the game due to this error, it can get genuinely annoying. Not to worry, here’s everything to know about the Login failed error in Elder Scrolls Online.
How to Fix Login Failed Error in Elder Scrolls Online
As mentioned earlier, players are unable to connect the servers for ESO. There could be several reasons for this error to occur. It can mainly occur if the game servers are down.
You can check out our guide on how to check the server status for Elder Scrolls Online for more insight.
Mentioned below are some potential fixes to help you out:
Check the Servers of your Platforms
- If the game servers are not undergoing a server issue or downtime, you should check the server status of your platforms.
- This error could occur due to this issue. So, head to their live status page to check whether their servers are down.
- For PS players, head to the PlayStation Network website (link). And for Xbox players can head to the Xbox Status (link) site.
Check for Updates
- Make sure that ESO is updated to its latest version. If it’s not it could lead to login issues.
- Also, check out if your Windows is updated to its latest version.
- You can head over to the Settings > Windows Update and select the Check for Updates option.
Switch your Servers
- Now, if only the server you are playing on is having issues, we suggest switching the servers.
- While switching to a different region may result in higher ping and latency, at least you can play ESO.
But if the lags are terrible you should try out our next method.
Check your Internet connection
- As ESO requires a consistent Internet connection, this error could also prompt due to not being connected to the Internet.
- Alternatively, this error could also occur due to an inconsistent connection.
- If you are using a wireless connection, we suggest restarting your router.
- Also, we recommend using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection for a seamless experience.
Submit a Support Ticket
- If none of these above methods work out, you can report it to the ESO support for more assistance.
- As you submit a support ticket, an associate will connect with you in a short while to resolve your issue.
That’s everything covered about the login failed error in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to get a sip of Ravage, how to leave the Imperial City, and how to craft a Trifling Glyph of Health in Elder Scrolls Online right here on Gamer Tweak.