It’s not the first time players are seeing quirky names for the error codes in Destiny 2. In my opinion, Bungie has a pretty creative range of names for error codes. Error code Babboon, Brocoli, Iguana, and now error code Boar. This error code has been sprawling over the screens ever since the launch of the Witch Queen expansion. Players are unable to download the expansion as well as the game. Not to worry, here’s our guide that explains the error code Boar and how to fix it in Destiny 2.
How to Fix Error Code Boar in Destiny 2?
The error code Boar occurs when players are experiencing problems with their network connection. It mostly happens when players are unable to connect the network to their consoles. While we get on to potential fixes that may solve the problem, let’s understand the error code Boar and why it occurs.
What is Error Code Boar?
As mentioned, this error occurs because of the network issues with your console. You will be prompted with this error while downloading the required content packages. Error code Boar occurs after the downloads are interrupted or unable to complete due to other reasons. This error can prompt while downloading or updating Destiny 2. These are the several reasons why this error code occurs:
- Low or No internet connection
- Region Mismatch
- PSN or Xbox servers are down
- Game sharing
Now let’s get on to solving this error code. Mentioned below are some fixes by Bungie to help you past this error code.
How to Fix Error Code Boar on PS4?
Follow these steps to solve the issue:
- Head over to the Notification tab or the Add-on below the PS4 dashboard.
- Select the packages that couldn’t be completely downloaded.
- Then, select the resume option from the dropdown menu.
This should hopefully resume your downloads.
How to Fix Error Code Boar on PS5?
Follow these steps to fix the error code:
- Hit the Home button on your controller and head over to the Downloads section.
- Here you will see an exclamation mark aside from the content packages which couldn’t complete the download.
- Choose the resume option from the dropdown menu to resume the downloads.
If the above fixes did not resolve the issue, here are some additional fixes.
Check Service Outages
- There’s not much you can do if the servers of PlayStation or Xbox Network are out.
- Before you go through trying any of the fixes, check the servers of your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
- If it is down, wait till the servers are up and running.
And if the servers are running, try out other fixes to solve this issue.
Reinstall Destiny 2
- Although the major reason for the error code Boar is due to internet connectivity, reinstalling Destiny 2 might help.
- Here’s a guide by Bungie to help you reinstall the game on any device.
Stop Game Sharing
- You might encounter this error code due to game sharing with other players.
- While it is a good deed, you can try out deactivating the other console to check if the error persists.
Bungie stated that players may receive the error because of the mismatch between their account and the game. Follow these steps:
- Before signing in to your main account, create a new account.
- Make sure to enter the same region on your account as the game’s region.
- Launch Destiny 2 and download the updates.
- Then, sign out from the new account and login into your main account.
That’s all on the error code Boar and how to fix it in Destiny 2. If this guide helped you, make sure to check our other guides on how to check server status, how to fix error code Bee, and how to change difficulty level in Destiny 2 right here on Gamer Tweak.