While playing Elden Ring, you may have noticed four hotkey items in the bottom left corner. These are the quick items that are easily accessible. You need to assign these items according to the items you use the most. If not, you might need to head to the Equipment section every time, which is not recommended, of course. In addition to that, it can also be quite helpful in the middle of combat. So, here’s our guide on how to equip quick items in Elden Ring.
How to Hotkey Items in Elden Ring?
Follow the mentioned below steps to equip hotkeys or quick items:
- Press the default keybind to open the main menu.
- Since the game does not pause, go to a place with fewer or no enemies around.
- You will see a section of the pouch to the right.
- There are four to six slots in your pouch.
- To assign the items, click on the empty or equipped slot.
- You can either remove or switch the item assigned to a slot.
- Your quick items or hotkey items are the first four items in your pouch.
How to Use Quick Items in Elden Ring?
- Press the default keybind with the assigned directional keys to access them.
- These are the default keybinds:
- For PC – Hold E button and the assigned directional key to access the item.
- For PS – Hold Triangle button and the assigned directional key to access the item.
- Xbox players – Hold the Y button with the directional key you have assigned.
- As mentioned, you can assign whichever items you use the most. That can be the spirit ashes, weapon skills, incantations, Spectral steed whistle, and more to your quick use.
That’s all on how to equip quick items in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, you can check out our other guides on how to use Talisman pouch, and how to switch arrows in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.