Since TikTok has quickly become one of the most used apps, globally, it is no surprise that all users will want to access its varied features. Most apps you use on a daily basis, also have an in-app feature to switch from your normal light mode and turn on your dark mode. Similarly, you will be able to enable this feature on TikTok as well. The only drawback is, as of now, is that this background change is only available on iOS devices. However, here you will find out how Android users can also take advantage of this mode and use it while scrolling through their FYP.
How to Enable TikTok Dark Mode on iPhones
To switch off your light mode and start the dark mode on this app, you will have to –
- Launch the TikTok app and click on your Profile button, which is present at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the Menu option that appears at the top and select the ‘Settings and privacy’ option.
- Click on Display and select the ‘Dark’ option to turn on the Dark mode.
- In case you need to switch back, you will have to repeat the same process, although instead of ‘Dark’, click on the ‘Light’ mode option.
How to Turn On TikTok Dark Mode for Android Devices
to enable this mode on your Android device, you will have to follow these steps –
- Open your device’s Settings and click on Accessibility.
- Under the Display option, you will have to switch on the Dark theme.
- Now, under the Developer options, enable the ‘Force dark mode’ option. Make sure you have enabled the Developer Mode before you try to turn on the force dark mode.
- Once you turn on this mode from your device’s settings, you can restart your TikTok application and start watching videos on your FYP with a dark background.
These are all the steps you will need to take to switch on Dark mode on TikTok for iPhone and Android users. Since this is your go-to social media app, you can learn how to enable Auto Scroll and if you are having any trouble while you are logging into your account or trying to like a video, you can check out how to fix the TikTok ‘verification puzzle not working’ error.