Your character stats are very important in Elden Ring. You should definitely learn about them as they will decide how well you can play the game. So whether you are unable to perform rolls because of the extra weapons you wield in the battle. Or if you aren’t strong enough to wield some weapons. Stats or attributes are always at the play. So in this guide let us check all the character stats and attributes explained for Elden Ring and how they work.
How Character Stats work in Elden Ring
There are two main types of stats or attributes in Elden Ring that you should definitely know about.
- Main Stats
- Other Important Stats
- Equip Load
- Memory Slots
Let us take a look at all of them and how they affect your character.
- Vigor: This stat directly affects your HP. Vigor also improves your immunity against Poison Rot and gives you better resistance to Fire damage.
- Mind: This stat increases your FP. Mind also improves your focus.
- Endurance: This stat increases your Stamina. Endurance also increases your robustness, which basically improves your resistance to blood loss and frostbite damage. Lastly, it also helps you with your equip load.
- Strength: Strength allows you to wield and use heavier weapons. It also increases your physical attack damage & physical attack resistance.
- Dexterity: This stat allows you to wield advanced weapons. Dexterity also reduces the time you need to cast spells and boosts the attack power of weapons that scale with this stat. Lastly, It softens your fall damage and also makes it so that you don’t get knocked off of your horse easily.
- Intelligence: Intelligence allows you to cast glintstone sorceries. This stat also increases the attack power of sorceries and weapons that scale with it. And, it also improves your magic resistance.
- Faith: Faith allows you to perform incantations. It also increases the power of incantations and weapons that scale with it.
- Arcane: This stat increases your item discovery. Arcane, increases the bleed buildup for weapons that scale with it. It also increases your vitality and holy damage and improves the effects of certain incantations and sorceries.
Other Important Attributes – Elden Ring Stats Explained
- HP: Shows you your Hitpoints. Basically the number of hits you can take before dying. So for example, if your HP is 1500 and the enemy hits you and does 300 damage. Then you will be able to take 4 more of such hits (not counting critical attacks) before dying. In order to increase this stat level up your Vigor.
- FP: Shows you your Focus Points. Basically, it is the mana that you need to cast sorceries or incantations. It also gets used when you use your weapon skills or Ashes of War. For example, if your FP is 180 and sorcery costs 30 FP to cast. Then you can cast a total of 6 such sorceries before running out of FP. You should level up your Mind to improve this stat.
- Stamina: Stamina is a very important stat when it comes to fighting. This stat is used each time you attack, dodge, or block an enemy. It also gets used when you run. Once you are out of stamina you will not able to dodge or attack properly. In order to increase this stat level up your Endurance.
- Equip Load: Equip Load is basically the cumulative weight of your Equipment. This includes your weapons, shields, armor, and talisman. The heavier your equipment is, the slower your dodges will be. You should check our dedicated guide on Equip load to better understand how it works.
- Poise: This stat decides how many hits you can withstand before getting staggered. We have a dedicated guide on what is Poise, so you should check it out to learn more about it.
- Memory Slots: This is a very important stat if you use sorceries. It decides how many slots you can have for storing or learning different sorceries.
- Discovery: Discovery allows you to find more items on enemies that you eliminate.
Remember these are not all the stats in the game but just the ones that are very important and the best ones that you should know about. I also suggest you check our guide on Soft Caps for each stat. As it will help you distribute your runes better among the different attributes in the game.
That sums up all the basic and important character stats and attributes you should be focused on in Elden Ring. I also suggest you check our other Elden Ring guides if you need help with similar topics on this game.