ARK Survival revolves around a peaceful ecosystem and co-existence that thrives with different life forms. There’s a plethora of creatures, insects, dinosaurs, and the list goes on. The dung beetle is one of the creatures that wander around the map of Fjordur. But many players are confused if they can tame this creature. Yes, you can and it is pretty simple. So, here’s our guide on how to tame Dung Beetle in ARK Fjordur.
How to Tame Dung Beetle & What do They Eat in ARK Fjordur
As the name of these insects already suggests, feed them Dung to complete their taming process. Although Dung beetles can eat meat, they prefer the dung of creatures over anything. Once they have eaten enough poop and tamed completely, you can give them a suitable name.
But these dung beetles can neither be used as a mount nor used in battles. So, what do these insects do?
How to Make Fertilizer
- These dung beetles can make fertilizers and oil out of the consumed dung.
- As you place a large poop in their inventory, they can turn it into 3 Fertilizer and 6 Oil units within 15 minutes.
- You can use these items for your plants and fruits.
- In addition to that, you can use the Dung beetles to store the excrement of different creatures. But that varies on their weight.
- The more their weight stats are, the more excrement they can store.
Where to Find Dung Beetles
- While you can find these insects anywhere, the Cave passages are the best locations.
- Alternatively, you can also find them near water-borne regions.
- Once you have tamed them, you can pick and drag them out of the cave.
- As they tend to crawl, place them in a wooden cage to keep them safe.