Whether you are a veteran or a first-timer, knowing which difficulty setting to choose in FF16 is crucial. Fans of the series might be familiar with the high octane and difficult combat in the RPG, but this time around the game reinvents itself for players as it will have a different mechanic instead of the traditional difficulty modes. So what exactly is it going to be? And how to make sure you select the right one? Well, check out this guide to know more about the Difficulty Settings in Final Fantasy 16, and stick around to know which one should you choose.
Final Fantasy 16 Difficulty Settings Explained
This time around players will have a different choice of options instead of the traditional difficulty modes in Final Fantasy 16. As confirmed by the PlayStation State Of Play, you will have to choose between Story Focused Mode or Action Focused Mode. The difference between these two modes is that the Story Focused mode is more of an adapted version of the easier difficulty mode. It enables players to equip Timely Accessories which make the overall combat easy. The Action-Focused Mode on the other hand provides players with more raw and standard mode, making the game feel more high-octane. Although players can still equip the Timely Accessories after selecting this mode if they want to manually change the difficulty of the game.
Final Fantasy 16 comes with 5 different Timely Accessories in the game. These are rings with unique abilities to make the fights easier. Though players can only equip two of them at a time. Here is a list of all of them, with a description of what they do
- Ring Of Timely Focus – This will slow down time before an attack to help Clive dodge and evade the attack.
- Ring Of Time Evasion – This will make Clive automatically dodge an attack only if the attack is evadable.
- Ring Of Timely Strikes – This will make Clive perform a series of complex combos with a press of a button.
- Ring Of Timely Healing – This will make Clive use healing potions after his health bar falls below a certain point.
- Ring Of Timely Assistance – This will automatically send commands to Clive’s wolf, Torgal.
Which Difficulty Mode Should I Choose in FF16?
Both of the modes provide an engaging RPG experience for the players.
- If you are looking for more immersive and story-focused gameplay than fierce combat, it is highly recommended to try out the Story-Focused Mode.
- But if you are someone who is excellent in combat and thrives on action then Action Focused Mode will suit perfectly for you.
Although, players can change the level of difficulty whenever they want by simply going into the main menu of the game. However, it’s worth noting that changing the mode from Story to Action does not remove the equipped Timely Accessories. If you want to have the full Action experience you will have to remove them manually.
How to Switch Difficulty Modes in FF16
Follow the steps given below to switch the difficulty modes in Final Fantasy 16
- Head toward the main menu of the game.
- Select the System tab from the bar above.
- Move towards the game setting with the help of R1.
- Change the Gameplay option to your preferred mode.
That’s everything covered on the Difficulty Settings of Final Fantasy 16. Check out our guide explaining the Ability System in FF16 and for more guides like this check out the dedicated Final Fantasy 16 section, right here on Gamer Tweak.