God of War Ragnarok features some of the scariest foes Kratos has ever faced. Along with Thor and Odin, you will fight against strong opponents from the Norse Mythos. One such miniboss is Odin’s Einherjar captain Fiske. With his huge size and powerful attacks, he is difficult to deal with. If you too are looking for ways to beat him then look no further. In this article, we will tell you how to defeat Fiske in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Defeat Fiske in God of War Ragnarok
You will face Fiske during The Reckoning quest at the end of the Abandoned Village in Vanaheim. You will see him wielding a scythe but do not mistake this for a regular weapon. He can charge it with Bifrost and deplete a huge chunk of your health. Another thing to keep in mind while fighting Fiske is that he is fast. Don’t let his heavy armor and weapon fool you. He can quickly close the gap between you and attack with his deadly moves. But, he is not invincible. You can learn his attack patterns and beat him.
Fiske is a strong melee fighter but due to his huge scythe, his ranged attacks are where his true strength lies. To defeat Fiske in GoW Ragnarok, we recommend you stay close to him and attack from the inside.
Tips to Beat this Boss
- Avoid his attacks when his scythe flashes purple. We recommend you dodge these attacks to avoid Bifrost damage.
- If you are caught in one of these attacks, make sure you avoid another hit till the effect of Bifrost wears off.
- Getting behind him will give you plenty of opportunities to deal damage.
- Beware of his area-of-effect unblockable attack where he will slam his scythe into the ground. Make sure you back off when you see it coming and use your ranged attacks.
- Make use of your abilities like Spartan Rage and Spartan Valor to gain an upper hand.
- Block and Parry his combos, and it will give you a short window to attack him. But you must back off immediately after a few hits or you will get caught in his unblockable attack.
- He also has double-blue ring attacks in his arsenal that can quickly deplete your health. Although they are unblockable, you can interrupt them by performing a shield strike. It will stun Fiske allowing you to beat him with your attacks.
- If you are confident about your parrying abilities then we suggest you carry the Dauntless Shield. This will help you deal damage every time you parry his attack.
Beating Fiske in GoW Ragnarok will reward you with 500 Kratos XP and a Glaive of Dodher relic.