COD Mobile’s Highest User Engagement In April: Confirms Activision
April was an important month for Call of Duty: Mobile
The month of April has proven to be the best for Call of Duty Mobile so far. Activision Blizzard’s first-quarter results for 2020 saw a massive surge in stock prices by 4.6% bringing the cost per share to $71.72. This brought the total revenue to $1.79 billion for the first quarter or Q1, which included the sales of COD: Modern Warfare as well. The total engagement of gamers to COD: Mobile saw a 62% rise.
COD has been a fan favorite for almost 2 decades and on its first-ever mobile release in 2019, it has taken the gaming community by storm. Competing with big titles like Fortnite and PUBG: Mobile was no easy task, and even though COD had an already established name in the gaming community, there was a wide scope of disappointment owing to their lack of experience in mobile game development.
What made the month of April a success for COD: Mobile?
- The major role played in COD: Mobile’s success in the month of April was undeniably the lockdown, COVID-19 has forced people to be locked up in their houses. Console and PC gaming although popular, are reserved for a minor chunk of the population. Mobile gaming, on the other hand, has taken off this lockdown season.
- PUBG might indeed be the newest hot-blood in town, top-grossing as well, but Call of Duty holds a different aura around it. Gamers thirsty for next-to-real gameplay and hardcore military lingo, COD mobile is the best in the market.
- Activision Blizzard’s heavy investments in creative as well as commercial engagements for the game proved as a good strategy. The game was highly advertised despite the fact that the COD franchise already has a name for themselves.
- With each Season, COD: Mobile saw massive improvements in gameplay as well as the addition of new features almost every month. The launch of Season 5 in the month of April set the benchmark in engagement ratings for the company.
- Call of Duty took the opportunity of this lockdown to organize the COD: Mobile World Championship 2020 with prizes worth a million dollars. How enticing of an offer to refuse indeed! If you want to participate in the tournament as well, here is all you need to know about it.
For more latest news and updates, stay with GamerTweak.