Lost Ark has many different shards and Chaos shard is one of them. This item is also often referred to as Awakening Chaos shards. So if you are wondering what this shard is, how to get it, and what are the differences between this are the other shards then you are at the right place. Keep reading as I answer all of the above questions.
What are Awakening Chaos Shards in Lost Ark
Chaos Shard or Awakening Chaos Shard is an item that gets used each time you use your Awakening ability. These shards are frequently required because the more you use them, the higher the consumption cost gets.
How to get more Awakening Chaos Shards
- Go to any city that has General Merchant in it. You will mostly find General Merchants in any main cities or towns.
- You can also open your World Map and search for General Merchant.
- Once you are in the city interact with the merchant.
- This will open up the Shop.
- In the Buy Section, you will find an item called Awakening Chaos Shard. It costs 250 silver.
- Based on the silver you have and how many Chaos shards you need, buy them.
- You can even purchase multiple of them instead of buying a single shard repeatedly.
Once you buy the Chaos shards you can use Awakening whenever needed.
Are Chaos and Perception Shards the same?
This question might sound silly but as a new player it is easy to confuse yourself with the many Shards there are in this game. Below is a quick explanation of the uses of these different shards.
- Chaos Shards: You consume them to use Awakening abilities.
- Perception Shards: You exchange them for Harmony Shards, Jewelry, Stone Fragments, and some other items.
- Harmony Shards: You use them to upgrade your weapons and armors.
- Disorder Crystals: You exchange them for Engraving Books, Harmony Leapstones, and other items.
That sums up everything you should know about Chaos Shards and how to get them in Lost Ark. You should also check our other guides on what are perception shards, harmony shards, and disorder crystals in Lost Ark.