Sometimes a plain white/grey ship can feel boring or dull to look at and use. Luckily, you get the option to change the color of your ship in Starfield, so that, you can give it a more personalized look. You can also add weapons, rearrange and add new parts, and design it the way you desire. Since you spend a lot of time in your ship, you might as well add a personal touch to make it feel like your own.
How to Edit and Change your Ship Color in Starfield
Firstly, to access this feature you need to find “Ship Service Tech” or Shipbuilder Control Consoles, these can be found easily in any of the major cities, mostly near the docking area. Once you have located the place, you can go over to the worker and he will offer his services.
- Select “I would like to view and modify my ship” option.
- Next, choose the ship you want to change the color of and press “B” to enter shipbuilder.
- You can left-click twice if you want to select the entire ship.
- When you press the J-key a color window will appear on the right side.
- You will get the options “Color 1”, “Color 2”, and Color “3”. There are more options to let you adjust it further like “Hue”, “Saturation”, and “Brightness”.
- You can even select parts of the ships specifically, by clicking on them and changing them according to your liking, if you don’t want the whole ship to be of one particular color.
- Once you are satisfied with the color combinations you have come up with, press Enter to apply the changes.
Changing the colors of your ship is extremely easy if you have followed this guide step-by-step. Want to know more about ships in Starfield? You can also check out best ship names and where to sell starships here on Gamer Tweak.