Say you started the game with a cool-sounding name for your character but eventually, you felt like it doesn’t resonate with you or the class you chose. Don’t worry, there’s a chance to rename it mid-game because you’re not stuck with your first choice. Here’s how to change character name in Elden Ring.
How to Change Character Name in Elden Ring?
- You can rename your character and change appearance once you reach the Roundtable Hold.
- If you haven’t unlocked it, you need to first get to Stormveil Castle and find a Site of Grace. Talk to Melina from there.
- When she mentions the Roundtable Hold, you need to visit the location and after you spawn, go right and take the pathway near the fireplace.
- If you have already unlocked the Roundtable Hold, you can access it by opening the map and zooming it out entirely.
- Now click on Table of Lost Grace at the bottom left.
- You must find the room where you meet Fia who will ask to hold you but do so at your own risk.
- What you’re actually there for is the mirror – the Clouded Mirror Stand. Interact with it and select Apply Cosmetics.
- Now you will find the option to change your name as well as appearance if you’d like.
This is how to change your name in Elden Ring. It is a welcome feature because players will end up spending a lot of hours in this game and it would be annoying if they can’t enjoy it completely with their desired name and appearance. Thankfully, the game doesn’t lock you in with your initial choice.
While you are here, you might also wonder if you can change classes. Check out our guide to know the answer. And for everything else related to the game, head over to our Elden Ring section on Gamer Tweak.