Island Sanctuary is the newly introduced feature wherein you can farm, craft, and pet animals. Doing such activities is beneficial for the island as it increases the level of the island. Also, it is possible to build infrastructures on the island to boost the activities. Similarly, capturing and petting animals in FFXIV requires a Pasture. Here’s our guide that features everything about the pasture and how to capture animals in Final Fantasy XIV.
How to Capture Animals in Final Fantasy XIV
The Pasture gets unlocked as a part of the Island Sanctuary storyline. Moreover, the Island Sanctuary should be at least level 2 to build the structure. It is possible to store them in the Pastures after capturing. However, it is possible to level up the Pasture in this game. Although, here’s how to capture the animals in FFXIV:
- There are three categories of animals in the Island Sanctuary that is smaller, medium-sized, and comparatively bigger animals.
- These are the restraints used for capturing animals of different sizes:
- Makeshift Net – Requires 1x Island Branch and 2x Island Vine for crafting. This restraint is compatible to capture smaller animals.
- Makeshift Restraint – It requires 1x Island Copper Ore and 3x Island Hemp for crafting. Also, it is ideal for capturing medium-sized animals like Chocobo, Island Doe, Glyptodom, etc.
- Makeshift Soporific – It requires 1x Island Sap, 2x Island Laver, and 2x Island Jellyfish for crafting. In addition, it is capable to hold big animals.
- Now, when you spot an animal, simply go near it without spooking and right-click to capture. Now, this can either get you the animal in one attempt, or the animal can flee and disappear, or it can stay at the place granting you another chance to capture it.
- Later, they’ll be sent to the Pasture automatically. To collect more animals, you can upgrade the Pasture:
- Level 2: Requirements to upgrade the Pasture to level 2 includes Sanctuary rank 4, Cozy Cabin Level 2, and 1000x Seafarer’s Cowries. It contains a total of 10 animals.
- Level 3: Requirements to level up the Pasture to level 3 includes Sanctuary rank 7, Cozy Cabin Level 3, and 1500x Seafarer’s Cowries. It contains a total of 20 animals
Also Read | How to Unlock Granary in FFXIV Island Sanctuary
That’s everything you should know about the Pasture and how to capture the animals in Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary. If you found this article helpful, then make sure to check out other FFXIV guides.