Minecraft is majorly a chill and relaxed game but there are moments where you will get your head exploded, probably by a Creeper. Or you may get headshotted by a Skeleton. In either case, having Armor is very beneficial. Having Armor is great and all but we can improve on it by applying Enchantments, especially to a Helmet. In today’s guide, I will show you the Best Helmet Enchantments in Minecraft.
List of the Best Helmet Enchantments in Minecraft
The Unbreaking, Thorns, Respiration, and Aqua Affinity Enchantments can be applied to a Helmet in Minecraft without any issues. The uniqueness in Helmet Enchantment Builds comes into the picture when you consider all of the Protection Enchantments. Blast Protection, Fire Protection, Projectile Protection, and Protection are mutually exclusive Enchantments which means only one of them can be on a Helmet in question. The best Enchantments you should apply on your helmet must look something like this:
- Protection IV
- Unbreaking III
- Respiration III
- Aqua Affinity I
- Thorns III
Blast Protection, Fire Protection, and Projectile Protection Enchantments are very situational Helmet Enchantments in Minecraft. Yes, they provide more defense to the Player but only to a specific type of Damage. You can mimic their functionality by always carrying a Shield, which pretty much negates Projectile & Blast Damage. To Negate Fire Damage in Minecraft, carry a Bucket of Water or better yet a Bucket of Powdered Snow for your Nether adventures. Thorns is a questionable Enchantment to be applied to your Helmet as it consumes durability if it is used. Granted the Helmet has Unbreaking & Mending but the effectiveness of both Enchantments gets reduced. I would recommend only using it in dire situations in Minecraft.
All of the Enchantments you can apply
The Helmet Armor Piece has nine Enchantments and two Curses in Minecraft. The Enchantments you can put on a Helmet are Aqua Affinity, Mending, Blast Protection, Fire Protection, Projectile Protection, Protection, Respiration, Thorns, and Unbreaking.
- Aqua Affinity: The Aqua Affinity Helmet Enchantment in Minecraft grants the player Mining Speed Boost while submerged underwater. The Maximum Level of Aqua Affinity is I.
- Mending: Mending repairs the durability of an item that it is applied to. It takes two Exp Orbs to fix one durability point. The Maximum Level of Mending is I.
- Blast Protection: Blast Protection reduces the amount of damage taken from Explosion and Firework Damage. It reduces the amount of Damage taken by (8 × Level)%. The Maximum Level of Blast Protection is IV.
- Fire Protection: Fire Protection reduces the amount of damage taken from Fire Damage. It reduces the amount of Damage taken by (8 × Level)%. The Maximum Level of Fire Protection is IV.
- Projectile Protection: Projectile Protection reduces the amount of damage taken from Projectile Damage applied by Arrows, Thrown Tridents, Shulker Bullets, Llama Spit, and Blaze Fireballs. It reduces the amount of Damage taken by (8 × Level)%. The Maximum Level of Projectile Protection is IV.
- Protection: The Protection Helmet Enchantment in Minecraft reduces the amount of damage taken from all Damage except Void Damage, Hunger Damage, and the /kill command. It reduces the amount of Damage taken by (4 × Level)%. The Maximum Level of Protection is IV.
- Respiration: Respiration increases the amount of time the Player can be underwater before resurfacing for Air. It extends the amount of underwater time by (15 × Level) secs. There is also a [level / (level + 1)]chance of not taking drowning damage. The Maximum Level of Respiration is III.
- Thorns: Thorns deals damage to the Player or Mob who attacked the Player. It has a (15 × Level)% chance of dealing 1 heart of damage. Doing so consumes more durability than Normal. The Maximum Level of Thorns is III.
- Unbreaking: Unbreaking increases the durability of the item. It has a (100/(Level+1))% chance of consuming the durability point. It has a Maximum Level of III.
These were the best Helmet Enchantments you can apply in Minecraft. Hopefully, this guide helped you in choosing the right Enchantments for your Helmet in Minecraft. Now you can show your friends your new shiny Bling. You can also check out our guides on Breed Bees and Dye Leather Armor in Minecraft.