Leather Armor is a type of armor that will protect you from some damage and you can obtain it by crafting it from leather. Once you’ve got yourself this armor, this guide will explain how to dye Leather Armor in Minecraft. By doing this, you can change the overall look, feel, and aesthetic of the armor you are wearing. Keep reading to also know how to remove the dye from leather armor in case you change your mind.
How to Dye Leather Armor in Minecraft Java, Bedrock & Pocket Editions
To dye Leather armor in Minecraft, you require:
- Leather armor
- Dye color
- Minecraft Java edition: You will need to use the crafting window in your inventory or if you prefer, the crafting table.
- Minecraft Bedrock Edition & Pocket Edition: You will also need a water bucket and a cauldron.
How to Get Leather in Minecraft?
You can get leather from animals so go ahead and slay some cows, horses, mules, and llamas while you are exploring. You can also get it from a chest in villages.
How to Get Dyes in Minecraft?
Here’s how to make light blue dye and green dye in Minecraft. But if you don’t want these colors, you can easily get more by crafting it from flowers or smelting plants. Apart from this, you can create new dyes by mixing different colors as well as trade for dyes with a Wandering Trader. You can obtain 3 dyes for an emerald through the Wandering Traders.
How to Dye Leather Armor in Minecraft Java Edition
- Open up your crafting window.
- Get your leather armor and choose a dye.
- Put these items in the Crafting menu.
- And that’s it, you will see the dyed leather armor on the right side.
How to Dye Leather Armor in Pocket Edition & Bedrock Edition
- First, keep the cauldron on the ground.
- Fill it with water by using a water bucket.
- Choose a dye and select the cauldron to turn it into the dye color.
- Choose the leather armor that you want to dye now.
- Ensure that the armor is highlighted and then select the cauldron.
- This will dye the leather armor instantly.
How to Remove Dye from Leather Armor?
- If you want to “undye” armor in Minecraft, you need a cauldron and a water bucket.
- Equip the dyed armor.
- Right-click on the cauldron with fresh water.
- Then the armor will look like normal leather armor and won’t be dyed anymore.
This is basically everything you need to know about how to dye leather armor in Minecraft. Hope this helped! For more Minecraft tips and tricks, be sure to explore our guides on Gamer Tweak.