Persona 5 Royal: How To Beat The Reaper (Tips & Tricks)
Persona 5 Royal has a number of enemies that you will take on as the Phantom Thieves. Many of these are optional and have nothing to do with progress. However, these enemies might drop favorable loot which is why players attack them. In Persona 5 Royal, beat the Reaper who is one such enemy to get a shot at getting valuable items. While he is optional, the Reaper is a scary one to beat and it becomes a challenge when fighting him. Although he has no weaknesses in Persona 5 Royal, there is a way you can beat him. In this guide, we will show you how to defeat the Reaper and claim some reward if you are lucky. So let’s check out this guide and battle this enemy.
How to Beat the Reaper in Persona 5 Royal
While beating him in Persona 5 was quite easy, that is not the case in Persona 5 Royal. The Reaper in this version of the game has no weakness. However, that is not the only thing that makes this level 85 foe dangerous, players will have to be on their toes the entire time while fighting the Reaper.
Here’s how to beat the Reaper in Persona 5 Royal:
- While Reaper is a level 85, a party with Level 60 or above can take on him. The Reaper stalks Mementos & appears when you spend too much time on the same floor. You will have to let Reaper ambush your party rather than the other way around. This allows your party to have one extra move over the Reaper.
- Regular healing with spells that provide full effect is essential. Along with that, players will find using Thermopylae quite handy for adding buffs to their attack and defense. This will be quite helpful to defeat Reaper in Persona 5 Royal.
- Next, you can use the Makarakarn to thwart any of Reaper’s elemental attacks. This will only leave him with the almighty attack Megidolaeon which he will use multiple times while fighting.
- However, avoiding his almighty attack is no big feat as he will take a moment to charge it. You can use the time to formulate a defense or buff up and attack while he is charging.
- The lack of Resistance and Immunities has to be exploited and party members can freely use their strongest attack when they get the turn.
Once you defeat the Reaper, you will unlock the Unique Rebel trophy after the first battle. You can also get the reward Divine Pillar when you beat him. However, it’s not available every time and is more likely an RNG.
That’s all there is on how to beat the Reaper in Persona 5 Royal. While you are here, make sure you check out how to get Lucifer at Gamer Tweak.