In the new God of War Ragnarok, Kratos will face some of the fiercest creatures in Norse mythology. Along with main boss fights like Thor and Heimdall, you will fight some minibosses. One of the most irritating miniboss you will encounter is Ormstunga. This pesky little creature is annoyingly fast. But with the right guidance, you can defeat it. In this article, we will tell you how to beat Ormstunga in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Beat Ormstunga in God of War Ragnarok
Ormstunga is an optional boss fight so you can choose to not fight it in GoW. But we recommend you do it for a valuable resource called Svefnthorn. You will encounter this creature during the Lost Treasure favor in the Alberich Hollow region. As we mentioned before, Orsmtunga is very fast. It is very difficult to land a hit on it. Being small, you will have a tough time seeing its attacks. These are the attacks it will use against you:
- Quick Swipes: Ormstunga will use a melee attack where it will use its claws to hit you many times.
- Diving Slash: When at a distance, it will dive toward you with a slash.
- Acid Spit: At low health, it will spit acid at you which can be lethal
- Flying Attack: It will jump in the air and come spinning at you. This attack is unblockable and will deplete a lot of your health.
Tips to Defeat this Boss
- The best way to beat Ormstunga in God of War Ragnarok is to push it into a corner and launch a flurry of attacks.
- If it is at a distance, then hit it multiple times with the spear and blast them all at once.
- Along with that, Blades of Chaos is the optimal weapon against Ormstunga.
- Make good use of your shield to parry its attacks. Blocking or Parrying all the attacks will open a small window where you can attack it and cause heavy damage.
- Use your Spartan Rage to make the best use of this window.
- When it jumps in the air, you can interrupt it with a ranged attack or arrows.
- Don’t give it space to scurry away and you will win this fight.
Along with Svefnthorn, it will drop the Emblem of Elusion. This Amulet Enchantment will increase your chances of evading an attack.