While there are many reasons to love Elden Ring, its characters and their questline are some of the best things to explore. If you have fought against Renalla, you might notice a resemblance when you see Ranni, the Witch. She is the daughter of Renalla and will recruit you to complete certain quests. As you proceed with this questline, her miniature version will assign you an objective kill Baleful Shadow. Although it is neither the main boss nor an optional boss, defeating him can be a tricky challenge. So, here’s our guide on how to beat and where to find the Baleful Shadow in Elden Ring.
How to Beat Baleful Shadow in Elden Ring?
- While it is an NPC enemy, Baleful Shadow can heal and dodge your attacks.
- You can notice that the Baleful Shadow is highlighted red similar to an invader.
- It can drink over three health flasks to completely heal itself.
- As it can dodge your attacks, you can summon a spirit for distraction.
- Then, use poison-based attacks on it.
- You can also use cheese and backstab him.
- For that, you need to maintain a medium distance and wait for the Baleful Shadow to attack you.
- When it attacks, roll further and run towards its back to backstab it with poison knives.
Where to Find the Baleful Shadow?
- Before you find and beat the Baleful Shadow, you will need to be assigned an objective by Minature Ranni.
- You can fight this boss only after having a conversation with the Miniature version of Ranni.
- Pick up her miniature version and head over to the Ainsel River Main.
- You can talk to her as you rest at the Site of Grace over there.
- She will ask you to eliminate the Baleful Shadow that prowls this location.
- You need to head left after you leave the site of the grace.
- You will encounter several enemies as you proceed. And you can either avoid or fight them.
- Pass through the Ainsel River Main in the south direction to reach Nokstella, Eternal City.
- Here you can encounter many giant ants.
- As you head further, you will find a site of Grace to rest and save your location.
- Then, head straight from the Site of Grace towards a dark Cave.
- Upon exiting from the other end of the Cave, the ambiance around will change into Red.
- You will notice the Baleful Shadow spawning to attack you as you reach the location.
Once you have defeated it, you will receive a Discarded Palace key and a reward of 8561 Runes. You can use the key to continue with Ranni’s questline. After you beat Baleful Shadow, you will encounter the Bloodhound Knight Darriwil. The next fight will be a bit more challenging as you cannot summon any spirits or friends to your aid.
That’s all on how to beat the Baleful Shadow in Elden Ring. If this guide helped you, make sure to check our other guides on how to beat Bloodhound Knight Darriwill, how to beat Radahn Starscourge, and how to beat Mohg in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.