FIFA 23 is finally here and seemingly features a wide range of new content for interested players. But when PC players proceed to play it for the first time, they are encountering an error. As players launch the game, they are prompted with an anti-cheat error that states, “EA AntiCheat Service encountered an error.” Some players have also encountered failure during the update process error as they boot up the game. Due to these errors, players are unable to start with the game and are forced to restart the game. Not to worry, check out our guide on how to fix the FIFA 23 Anti Cheat and failure during the update process error.
How to Fix the Failure During Update Process & Anti Cheat Error in FIFA 23
We have compiled some potential methods to fix this error. So, follow the mentioned below methods to resolve the Anti-cheat errors:
Run Origin/Steam as Administrator
Follow the below steps:
- You need to right-click on the Steam or Origin launcher/client.
- Then, select the “Run as an administrator” option.
- Now, head over to the Games Library and launch the FIFA 23.
If you encounter the error again, try out our next method.
Restart the game
This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. You can restart FIFA 23 to check if the error persists. While it may not resolve this error, this method worked out for several players in the FIFA community.
Reinstall Anti-Cheat Program in FIFA 23
- Head over to the Anti-cheat folder in FIFA 23. The default file directory for that folder is as follows: Local Disk:\Program Files\EA\AC
- Launch the AntiCheat.exe and uninstall the program.
- Run Origin or Steam launcher as an administrator and launch FIFA 23.
- This will re-install the Anti-cheat program to bypass the error.
Reinstalling FIFA 23
- If none of the resorts worked out, this is the last method you can try out.
- Firstly, uninstall the game and then, install it back from Steam or Origin client.
- Launch FIFA 23 to check if the Anti-cheat error persists.
Hopefully, EA has acknowledged and would resolve these errors and issues. You can head over and contact EA Support for more assistance.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the FIFA 23 Anti Cheat and failure during the update process errors. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to heel fake, how to hit power shot, and how to transfer FIFA points in FIFA 23 right here on Gamer Tweak.