Want to know the locations of all Materia in Final Fantasy 7 Remake? This Materia Locations Guide will tell you where to find them all.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Materia Locations Guide
There are five types of Materia in FF7 Remake – Magic (Green), Support (Blue), Command (Yellow), Complete (Purple) and Summon (Red).
Magic Materia List (Green)
Support Materia List (Blue)
- HP Absorption
- MP Absorption
- AP Up
Command Materia List (Yellow)
- ATB Boost
- Enemy Skill
Complete Materia List (Purple)
- HP Up
- MP Up
- Magic Up
- Luck Up
- EXP Up
- Deadly Dodge
- First Strike
- Item Master
- ATB Assist
- ATB Stagger
- Steadfast Block
- Skill Master
Summon Materia List (Red)
- Chocobo & Moogle
- Fat Chocobo
- Chocobo Chick
Here’s where you can find them according to chapters:
Chapter 1: The Destruction of Mako Reactor 1
- Fire Materia: Cloud is equipped with the Fire Materia from the beginning.
- Healing Materia: It is Barret’s default Materia.
- Lightning Materia: Barret is equipped with this Materia in the beginning.
Chapter 2: Fateful Encounters
- Healing Materia: Given to Cloud by Jessie.
- HP Up Materia: Look for the Loveless Street for this Materia.
- Deadly Dodge Materia: Located in the Loveless Street as well.
Chapter 3: Home Sweet Slum
- Fire Materia: It can be found in the abandoned factory in the side quest called ‘Just Flew in from the Graveyard’. You can also purchase it from the shop in Sector 7 slums.
- Ice Materia: It can be located in a cave at the Scrap Boulevard. You can also purchase it at the shop in the slums.
- Lightning Materia: Purchase this from the item shop in this chapter.
- Assess Materia: Chadley will give this to you.
- Luck Up Materia: If you get the top position on the darts leaderboard in this chapter, Wedge will give you Luck Up Materia in Chapter 4.
Chapter 4: Mad Dash
- Revival Materia: It can be earned after beating Roche for the second time in this chapter.
- Barrier Materia: Cloud will receive this Materia from Jessie.
- Deadly Dodge Materia: You can buy it from the item shop in Sector 7 slums in this chapter.
- Ifrit Materia: Cloud gets this from Jessie in this chapter.
Chapter 5: Dogged Pursuit
- Healing Materia: It is available on the left side of the train at the beginning of the chapter. You can also purchase it for 600 Gil.
- Cleansing Materia: It is present in the vending machines. You can also purchase it for 300 Gil after completing the Rat Problem quest.
- Lightning Materia: Get it from the vending machine in this chapter.
- Poison Materia: Buy this from the Vending Machine in Dogged Pursuit chapter after the fight with Queen Grashtrike.
Chapter 6: Light the Way
- Elemental Materia: Defeat the Queen Grashtrikes to get this Materia. Take the ladder from H-06 and find your way to H-07.
- MP Up Materia: Check the vending machine in this chapter to get your hands on MP Up Materia.
- Chocobo & Moogle Materia: The way to get this Materia is not straightforward. Here’s where to find Chocobo & Moogle Materia.
Chapter 7: A Trap is Sprung
- Lightning Materia: You can find it in this chapter among some Shinra boxes.
- Magic Up Materia: This Materia is available inside the equipment vault.
Chapter 8: Budding Bodyguard
- Chakra Materia: Unlock this in Chapter 8 as Tifa’s equipment.
- Prayer Materia: Unlock this in Chapter 8.
- MP Up Materia: Complete the ‘Discovery: The Language of Flowers’ side quest to earn this as a reward.
- Refocus Materia: Acquired as Aerith’s default Materia.
Chapter 9: The Town That Never Sleeps
- Binding Materia: You will find this in the Sector 6 slums in this chapter.
- Magnify Materia: Get this Materia next to the third robotic arm puzzle.
Chapter 10: Rough Waters
- Poison Materia: You will find this Materia on the ground after climbing the ladder, going right and then taking a right at a small open area.
- Warding Materia: You can find it in the sewers.
Chapter 11: Haunted
- Subversion Materia: This Materia is a drop from Ghoul.
Chapter 13: A Broken World
- Ice Materia: You can find this Materia in chest which is located in a cage.
- Warding Materia: You will see this in a chest among Shinra boxes inside a cage. Look in the Underground Lab in Sector 7.
Chapter 14: In Search of Hope
- Time Materia: When you complete the Missing Children side quest, you will get this Materia.
- Elemental Materia: You need to complete all side quests as well as this chapter to receive this Materia.
- Pedometer Materia: Get this near Aerith’s house after the cutscene with Tifa.
- Prayer Materia: Check the Corneo Stash near Sector 5.
Chapter 16: The Belly of the Beast
- Gil Up Materia: Win the ‘Two-Person Team vs High Flyers’ Battle challenge in the Shinra Tower VR challenges.
Chapter 17: Deliverance from Chaos
- Time Materia: Search the Drum facility to get this Materia.
- EXP Up Materia: Win the ‘Three-Person Team vs High Flyers’ Battle challenge in the Shinra Tower VR challenges.
More Materia Locations
- Auto-Cure Materia: Complete ‘Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 1’ side quest and buy it from Chadley. This is how to unlock Auto-Cure Materia.
- Wind Materia: When you complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 2, you can buy this Materia from him.
- First Strike Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 3 to buy this from Chadley.
- ATB Boost Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 4 to buy this from Chadley.
- Shiva Materia: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 5.
- Steadfast Block Materia: Buy it from Chadley after completing Battle Intel Report 6.
- Steal Materia: Buy it from Chadley after you complete Battle Intel Report 7.
- Provoke Materia: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 8 and buy this from him.
- Synergy Materia: Buy this Materia from Chadley when you complete his Battle Intel Report 9.
- Fat Chocobo: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 10.
- Item Master Materia: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 11.
- Parry Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 12 to get this as a purchase from Chadley.
- ATB Assist Materia: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 13 and buy this from Chadley.
- ATB Stagger Materia: Can be purchased after completing Battle Intel Report 14.
- Leviathan Materia: Complete Chadley’s Battle Intel Report 15.
- Enemy Skill Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 16 and buy from Chadley.
- Skill Master Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 17 and buy from Chadley.
- MP Absorption Materia: Get this from Chadley after completing Battle Intel Report 18.
- HP Absorption Materia: Buy this from Chadley after you complete Battle Intel Report 19.
- Bahamut Materia: Complete Battle Intel Report 20 and unlock this Materia.
- AP Up Materia: You get this Materia after walking 5,000 steps with the Pedometer.
- Refocus Materia: If you win Two-Person Team vs Dynamic Duos challenge or Three-Person Team vs Monsters of Legend challenge, you will be rewarded with this Materia.
So these were all Materia locations in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. You can bookmark this page and come back to get information about Materia locations as you progress in the game! For more helpful guides, check out our Final Fantasy 7 Remake Wiki.