Whether you are playing Wordle, its more complex variants, or any other word game, sometimes hints are necessary. This quick guide will list out all the 5 letter words ending in ONY so that you can get to that final answer as quickly as possible, especially for games that have a limit of attempts.
Luckily, there aren’t too many five-letter words that end in ONY but there’s a chance you might miss a particular word that’s at the tip of your tongue. Scroll through this list to get the solution.
5 Letter Words Ending In ONY
This list of five letter words that end in ONY includes common and uncommon words, along with their meanings from Merriam Webster dictionary.
- agony – intense pain of mind or body
- atony – lack of physiological tone especially of a contractile organ
- coony – showing astute and clever closeness
- crony – a close friend especially of long standing
- drony – like a drone, sluggish or lazy
- ebony – a hard heavy blackish wood yielded by various tropical chiefly southeast Asian trees
- emony – Anemone (dialectal, England)
- goony – Black-footed Albatross
- irony – the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
- loony – Foolish, eccentric
- moony – of or relating to the moon
- peony – any of a genus (Paeonia of the family Paeoniaceae) of chiefly Eurasian plants with large often double flowers
- phony – not genuine or real
- piony – archaic variant of Peony
- stony – abounding in or having the nature of stone