Destiny 2 Lightfall is here but many Xbox Series X or S players can’t play the game and need a fix because it won’t launch. New expansions or DLCs often can release with bugs, which can cause such errors. And surprisingly there is a very easy way to fix it. So here is how you can get Destiny 2 Lightfall to start by fixing the not launching error.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Lightfall Won’t Launch on Xbox Series X | S
You can launch Destiny 2 Lightfall by uninstalling older DLCs from your console. This isn’t the official fix but rather just a workaround. Once the developers release an update your DLCs should start working too. But for now, here is how you can get Destiny Lightfall 2 to start:
- Press the Xbox button on the home screen. Make sure you close Destiny 2 if you were trying to play it.
- Select Destiny 2 from your games list.
- Press the menu button on your controller and choose “Manage game and add-ons”.
- Here, select Destiny 2 and it will show you the list of all DLCs you have installed on your console.
- Uncheck these add-ons:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Black Armory
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Joker’s Wild
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Penumbra
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Annual Pass
- Expansion I: Curse of Osiris
- Expansion II: Warmind
- This number might change based on the number of DLCs you have installed on your console.
- Finally, choose “Save changes“.
Your Xbox Series S or X will start uninstalling all these DLC add-ons. When all of them are removed, restart your console and try starting Destiny 2. This time the Destiny 2 Lightfall will launch with no problem.
In case you are wondering about the DLCs then don’t worry you will still be able to play with them. You just need to wait for some updates where the developers fix this bug and the DLCs start working with the game again.
That covers this guide on how to fix Destiny 2 Lightfall won’t launch on Xbox Series X | S. For more help on other topics for this game, check our guides on how to get the limitless horizon emblem and get radiant reveille.