The best way to experience multiplayer games is by forming parties and Xbox allows you to invite fellow players easily. On certain occasions, though, something will go wrong and you will see the Xbox Party Encountered an Error message. In this article, we will look at the potential reasons behind this error and troubleshooting tips to help you fix the problem.
How to Fix Xbox Party Encountered an Error?
Players may encounter it when they try to start or join a party on your Xbox console. This could happen because:
- Xbox servers are down.
- Your network settings are blocking the Party Chat.
- Your internet connection could be unstable.
- It could be a glitch.
If Xbox servers are down, there’s nothing you can do until the servers are back up online. This will be a widespread issue and players may be affected across multiple regions. So, make sure to check social media to find out if other players are also facing similar outages.
And if Xbox servers are not down, here are the troubleshooting tips to help you narrow down the issue and potentially fix it.
Check your Network Settings
There’s a chance that your network settings are blocking the Xbox party and due to this, the internet connection between your Xbox console and your party members is failing. According to Xbox Support, this often happens because of incompatible Network Address Translation (NAT) types. Here’s how to troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues on your Xbox console. These steps do get pretty technical, so make sure to only change settings if you know how to revert them if things go wrong.
Check your Internet Connection
If your friends are able to connect to each other, but you are unable to join, check if it’s your internet that’s causing a roadblock. Reset your router, wait for some time and check again.
Players with a wired connection can also follow these tips to narrow down the cause of the error:
- Try a different cable.
- Try a different port.
- Connect your console directly to your modem instead of connecting it to your router. This is done so that you can rule out if your router is incompatible with the Xbox due to firmware or if there has been a hardware failure for the router.
If you are using a wireless connection, ensure that no third-party wireless headsets cause active interference with your Xbox network.
Power Cycle your Xbox console
Doing this may solve a glitch that may have cropped up during your use.
- Unplug the power cable and wait for 5 minutes.
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller > select Restart Console > select Restart.
- After waiting for 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first.
- Next, wait for all the lights to turn normal.
- Test your connection by heading to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network connection.
That’s all about the Xbox Party Encountered an Error issue. If you are also having problems with the Xbox party chat, here’s everything you can do to fix it.