Fortnite has had its fair share of bugs and errors over the years that might frustrate players above and beyond. And with each passing chapter and season, players get to experience them hampering the gameplay experience. While some of these bugs and issues are temporary, there are a few that just slip past.
And if you are wondering why you keep seeing default skins in your recent battle royale matches, then you just encountered one of the recurring issues in Fortnite. While skins don’t affect any gameplay, players still want them for cosmetic purposes, and having just the Ramirez skin in the lobby can be annoying. So if want to know more about it, since it can be quite difficult to have all default skins in the lobby, here is everything you need to know.
Why Do I See Default Skins in Fortnite?
For players who are constantly encountering default skins in Fortnite, unfortunately, it’s a long-time bug and is been faced by many players even in recent times. The bug was first encountered back in Chapter 3 of the battle royale and players were infuriated looking at all the default skins around. Since players who bought different skins might like to show them off in the matches, it is quite an inconvenience.
While the issue was considered to be specific to some platforms, according to this Reddit thread, the issue has been encountered by players across different platforms including Nintendo Switch. One of the Reddit users stated that they could see everyone’s skins in replays, however, not in actual gameplay. With that being said, the issue doesn’t seem to impact each player in the lobby or every match in the game.
Default Skin Bug Troubleshooting Tips
Since the bug doesn’t impact every game and all the players in Fortnite, it can be temporary due to several other reasons like server outages, etc. Not to mention, there can be some issues from your side regarding network connection, updates, etc that might cause the default skin to appear for everyone in the game.
For players who would want to show off their skins or even watch others pull off the recent bundle, we would suggest that you go through these troubleshooting tips and see if the bug still occurs while playing:
- Internet Connection: Check if you have a stable internet connection to make sure you don’t have any connectivity issues while playing Fortnite.
- Restart Game: Fortnite may get temporarily bugged out on different occasions. The simple thing to do would be to restart and see if the issue still goes on.
- Update the Game: Sometimes outdated version can cause several issues and having the game updated to the latest version might just resolve them.
- Check Servers: Sometimes server outages cause such bugs and errors in Fortnite. You will have to wait for the maintenance and keep track of the server status on the official website.
- Contact Support: If the issue persists and has been going on for a long time, we would recommend that you contact the official Fortnite support and let them know about the bug.
The bug can also occur due to older hardware making it unable to load all the textures from the recent updates in Fortnite.
That’s everything covered in this guide. For more interesting guides, check out our dedicated Fortnite section for more helpful ones, right here on Gamer Tweak.