ARK is an action-adventure and survival video game that revolves around wandering creatures and dinosaurs with other natural hazards. Set it in the prehistoric timeline, you need to get your hands on several materials and items to craft resources. One of these includes Obsidian which is quite a rare and uncommon crafting material. But these materials can help you craft Polymer which can be used to craft several end-game and high-tech resources. So, check out our location guide on where to get Obsidian in ARK Survival Evolved to find them.
Where to Get Obsidian in ARK Survival Evolved
You can get the Obsidian around the caves and on the mountains within glowing black rocks. You can also find these resources near the summits of the mountains. But before you get on with these resources, you have to equip a Metal Pick and creatures like Argy or Mantis. The best creatures for this mining job are Phoneix and the Magmasaur.
So, here are some locations where you can find the Obsidian in ARK:
- You can get the Obsidian on the slope of the Frozen Tooth and the Far’s Peak.
- We recommend heading to the Lower South cave or the Cave in the South to farm these resources.
- You can also head to the Lava Cave or the South East Cave to mine the Obsidian Nodes.
- Alternatively, you can also find the Obsidian near Volcanoes located at the center of the map. This place has an abundance of Obsidian to farm for the Polymer tech.
- On the Scorched Earth map, you can find these rare resources inside the Artifact Caves.
Along with Obsidian, you can also find some crystals and metals in all of these locations.
How to Use Obsidian
As mentioned earlier, you can use the Obsidian to craft Polymer at the Fabricator in ARK. You need 2 Obsidian and 2 Cementing Paste to craft the Polymer. With the Polymer, you can craft several high-tech tools, armor, saddles, Electric devices, weapons, structures, and storage. But you can also craft several items from the Obsidian itself.
So, here are all items you can craft using the Obsidian material:
- Arthropluera Saddle
- Artifact Pedestal
- Chain Bola
- Cannon Ball
- Obsidian Weapons (Arrow, Spear, Pickaxe)
- Iron Skillet
- Magnifying Glass
That’s everything covered about where to get Obsidian in ARK Survival Evolved. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to make Gasoline, how to find Lost Dinos, how to change Time, and more ARK Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.