The method of how you craft or change weapons is confusing many new Monster Hunter Now players. To begin with, the feature isn’t available right from the start, so you need to level up first before you can use it. Also, if you have played any other games in the series, you will find many weapon types missing. Don’t worry a lot of them are in the game. So here is how you can forge new weapons and unlock their special skills in MH Now.
How to Forge New Weapons in Monster Hunter Now
Before you can start crafting weapons you first need to make sure you reach Hunter Rank 6 by leveling up to unlock this feature. Once you are done this is what you do:
- On the main screen, tap on the weapons icon next to your Player profile.
- You will now be on the Equipment Screen.
- Tap on the greyed-out weapon that you want to craft.
- Now, you are on a new screen where you can see the weapon stats like its special and equipment skill. Check the above image for reference.
- Below, tap on the Forge button (you will need the resources for it) and you will craft your new weapon.
How to Change Weapons in MH Now
- Go to the Equipment screen as explained above.
- Tap on the weapon that you wish to change to.
- Below, you will find an Equip button.
- Tap on it and you will now change the weapon that you are using.
FAQ 1: How Many Weapon Types are there in MH Now (Complete List)
The game has 6 weapon types.
- Melee Weapons:
- Sword and Shield
- Great Sword
- Long Sword
- Ranged Weapons:
- Long Sword
FAQ 2: How to Unlock New Weapon Types
You start the game with a basic sword and shield, but to unlock more weapons you need to complete different quests and even rank up in this game. Here is how you unlock them all:
- Great Sword: Complete the quest Shimmering Swamp.
- Bow: Reach HR 15.
- Hammer: Reach HR 15.
- Light Bowgun: Reach HR 15.
- Long Sword: Reach HR 15.
FAQ 3: How to Get Special Skills for Your Weapons
To unlock your weapon’s special skill you first need to Level it Up. Then you need to Overgrade it to Grade 2. The weapon’s screen will show you what materials you need for Overgrading.
FAQ 4: What is the Max Weapon Grade in MH Now
Most weapons should be able to reach Grade 10 in MH Now. This is the case for Sword and Shield at least. We will update this section, if the max grade is different for other weapons.
That’s everything you should know about the weapons in Monster Hunter Now and how they work. For more guides on this game check out the GPS location spoofer, referral codes, and why you didn’t get pre-register rewards.