In FPS games like CS2, having the ability to replay matches is the best way to improve your gaming skills by overcoming the mistakes you made in your previous matches. Or you can have other players’ perspectives on the game to better understand the game. While similar to the CS:GO, the methods to watch replays in CS2 are much more smooth and convenient. Follow along with this guide to learn how to watch a replay of your own ranked premier matches in Counter Strike 2.
How to Watch Replays in CS2
There are two methods by which you can watch replay in CS2. Follow the given below instructions to watch previous match replays.
Using in-game Replay
- In the Counter-Strike 2 Game lobby, click on the TV icon located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now here you will find two tabs, Your Match, and Download.
- In the Your Match tab, you will find all your recent ranked matches replayed that can be downloaded. select and download the one you wish to replay.
- Once the download is completed, you can head to the Download tab and watch the replay.
Using Demo replay
The other method is a kind of workaround similar to what we used to do in CS: GO. Here you can head to the Steam app and download the replay from the stats and further use the GOTV to replay in CS2 using the command console. For this you need to have a file extract installed on your PC, you can use 7zip, WinRAR, or other extractors. Follow the below steps carefully to do this successfully.
- First, open the installation folder of CS:GO, by default located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\csgo. and create a folder named Replays.
- Next, open your Steam Account.
- Now go to the games section in the Steam app.
- Go to Counter-Strike 2 and then select my game stats.
- From the drop-down menu, select personal game data.
- Select Premier Matches.
- Now, select the match you want to watch and select Download GOTV Replay.
- Locate the recent folder you created inside CS:GO installation repository.
- Rename the new file with “.dem” at the end of the name, for example, “Play1.dem” and save it there.
- Open the download file and extract it.
- Next, run the Counter-Strike 2 game and enter the command “playdemo play1” in the console.
- After entering the demo, write “demoui” in the console for a smooth experience.
That’s everything you need to know about how to watch replays in CS2. If you find this guide informative and helpful, check out more on this game from our dedicated section on Counter Strike 2 right here on Gamer Tweak.