Want to watch Crunchyroll anime or read Manga for free from anywhere? If you are not able to stream specific content of the website from your location, there’s something you can do to avoid missing out on the latest episodes or manga releases.
Table of Contents
Plus, if you are traveling right now, some content may be locked for you depending on where you are, and that’s because of geo lock for countries. For those who want to stream Crunchyroll from outside your location, we’ve got you covered. This is how to bypass the Crunchyroll region restrictions.
How to Stream and Watch Crunchyroll from Anywhere Outside the US
To unblock and watch Crunchyroll from anywhere, outside your location, you need to use a VPN.
Now, if you are going to use it for the first, time, a VPN is a virtual private network that allows you to hide your IP address and change your location. This will ‘fool’ the website into thinking you are elsewhere and so, you will get the content access that you want.
VPNs are used to bypass website blocks and firewalls but can be used for unlocking region-bound content as well. There are more advantages to using VPNs, other than the ones mentioned here, like anonymity (more on this below).
So, if you are from the US but traveling abroad, you can use a popular VPN (paid ones are mostly better to use, features-wise) and watch Anime or read Manga on Crunchyroll easily.
Can I use my Crunchyroll Account Anywhere in the World?
The Crunchyroll website will be accessible to you anywhere in the world. However, there may be restrictions on which Anime episodes you can watch or which Manga you can read. For example, the latest episodes may not be available yet, or the number of anime titles is much less than what you get elsewhere.
How to Change Location on Crunchyroll
- To change your location on Crunchyroll, you will need to choose a good VPN service. There are multiple options like Proton, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, TunnelBear, and more.
- Once you have made your choice, go to their official website and download their app. Create your account and sign in.
- Open the app, and connect to a US server (or any other country’s server you are trying to use).
- Head to Crunchyroll and make the most of the content library!
Note: A VPN will work with your PC, smartphone, smart TV, Xbox and PlayStation, and even Discord.
How to Choose a VPN?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind while choosing which VPN to choose and go ahead with.
- Is the interface user-friendly?
- Is it Free or Paid?
- How many simultaneous connections does it allow?
- Is it secure and safe to use? What data is collected?
- What is the speed?
- Does it give you the best privacy levels possible?
- How many servers are there and what are their locations?
- What are the additional features it has to offer?
- How is the customer support?
- Is there a money-back guarantee?
These are some of the important questions to answer before you decide on the VPN you are going to use to unblock and watch Crunchyroll anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Crunchyroll for Free?
Since it’s a legal site to watch anime and read manga, there is no free way to access the content of Crunchyroll. But what you can do is start a 14-day free trial for the premium access that gives you no ads and new episodes soon after they come out in Japan.
Here’s how the Premium subscription looks for US users at the time of writing this article.
- Fan: $7.99 + taxes Monthly subscription > Stream on 1 device at a time
- Mega Fan: $9.99 + taxes Monthly subscription > Stream on 4 devices at a time, watch offline, get some discounts
- Ultimate: $14.99 + taxes Monthly subscription > Stream on 6 devices at a time, watch offline, get higher discounts, free shipping for Crunchyroll store orders, exclusive swag bag after 12 consecutive months of subscription.
Remember that the plan will automatically renew after the trial period is over and if you don’t cancel before that, you will be charged.
That’s how to watch Crunchyroll from anywhere in the world by changing your location with the help of a VPN. If you are using Crunchyroll on PS5, and it’s not working for you, be sure to check out the troubleshooting tips here.