Voice chat is an essential feature in almost any online game, so you should also use it in Splatoon 3. No matter if you play Turf battles or are grinding up your rank in Anarchy battles. But unlike most online games, this game doesn’t give you voice chat natively, but it still supports it. So in this guide let us check how to use Voice chat in Splatoon 3 using SplatNet.
How to Use Voice Chat in Splatoon 3
You can use voice chat in Splatoon 3 with the help of many different apps. The closest official way is using SplatNet 3, else you can also use other popular VoIP apps like discord, skype, slack and more. Let us first check how to use SplatNet for voice chat.
- Go to the PlayStore or Apple App Store and install the Nintendo Switch Online app.
- Open the app on your phone then log in to your Nintendo account. Use the same account that you use on your Switch.
- Inside the Nintendo Switch Online app, look for Splatoon 3 under the games menu.
- Here you can start using SplatNet 3. It allows you to invite players. This includes your friends or the players from your recent matches.
Do remember your friends also need to have the Nintendo Switch Online app installed on their phones in order to use SplatNet 3.
Other ways to Use Voice Chat
In case you don’t want to bother using the Nintendo Switch Online app, you can always use the alternative options like:
- Discord: You can directly call up your friend or call them in a channel on your server.
- Skype: Similar to Discord you can add your friend on Skype and call them directly.
- Slack: Slack is also very much like Discord when it comes to features. So just like discord you can directly call your friend. Instead of a server, Slack has channels that are basically groups where you can start a group call.
The only main reason most players use SplatNet 3 is for an official means of communication. Or if they want to play with players from their past matches.
That covers this guide on how to use voice chat in Splatoon 3 using SplatNet, Discord, and other ways. Don’t forget to check out our Splatoon 3 guides to get help on other such topics for this game.