In Splatoon 3, every gear you use has a main ability, but many players want to change it. You might want to replace it with another ability to better complement the abilities of your other gears and your play style. Thankfully, the process to change it isn’t exactly tough. So in this guide let us check how to change the main ability of your gear in Splatoon 3.
How to Change Main Ability in Splatoon 3
You can change your gear’s main ability with the help of the NPC Murch.
- Talk to Murch.
- Select Add Abilities.
- Next, you get three options to select from below.
- Select the gear category in which your gear is.
- Next, pick the actual gear that you want to change the main ability of.
- After you click on it, click on the Big circle which represents the main ability of your gear.
- Next, from the main abilities on the left side of the screen, select the new ability that you want for your gear.
- Finally, Murch will ask you “Looking good?” in order to confirm if you want to change your main ability.
- Click on “Do It!”.
- After you confirm Murch will change the main ability of your gear.
Do remember you will need 45 ability chunks of the ability that you want to change to. I suggest you check our ability chunks farming guide to learn about it better. The good thing is you can even change the abilities of the gear you received from your Amiibos.
Where to Find Murch in Splatoon 3
You can find Murch in Inkopolis Square in Splatsville, in front of the lobby. In order to access his services, you need to level up to at least level 4. After leveling up you can talk to him, to use the following services:
- Order Status
- Boost Star Power
- Scrub Slots
- Add Abilities
- Reroll Slots
- Splatnet Delivery
That covers this guide on how to change and add the main ability of your gear in Splatoon 3. I suggest you also check our Splatoon 3 section for help on topics like the specials tier list, tricolor battles, and more.