In God of War, the players play as Kratos in the frigid lands of Scandinavia. Much like the previous titles of the franchise, Kratos has to battle the Norse Gods as well as a lot of bosses and enemies. For such battles, having good gear and weapons is a must. In God of War, Kratos wields the Leviathan Axe instead of the Blades of Chaos. The Leviathan Axe can deal a ton of damage as well freeze any opponent instantly. But this is not enough to deal with a God, we will need to upgrade the Axe in God of War. In today’s guide, I will show you how to upgrade the Leviathan Axe in God of War.
How to Upgrade the Leviathan Axe in God of War
The only way you can upgrade the Leviathan Axe in God of War is by infusing it with Frozen Flames. Frozen Flames are a rare resource that you will get only 5 of in the entire game. Once you get one of them, hand it over to the Blacksmiths, Brok & Sindri. That is all you will need to upgrade your Axe in God of War. Here is how you can get them in the game.
- The first one is found through your encounter with Brok as part of the main story, after helping him with his steed you will be rewarded with a Frozen Flame.
- Once you have met Sindri and climbed up a Mountain after that, you’ll fight a Troll as a Mini-Boss. It will drop the Frozen Flame as a reward for beating it.
- After a lot of story progression, you will your third Frozen Flame by defeating another Troll, a Frost Troll. Defeating it will get you another Frozen Flame.
- As part of the main story plot, you’ll have to defeat the boss fight with Magni & Modi at the end of the quest, The Magic Chisel. You’ll get the Frozen Flame for beating them.
- The Final Frozen Flame is found once you have completed the game to a point where you can access the Niflheim Realm. In the Center Chamber, there will be a Treasure Chest that will require 5000 Misty Echoes to unlock. Once you unlock it, you will get the last Frozen Flame.
These were all of the locations where you can find the Frozen Flames. Once you get all 5, you will be able to upgrade your Axe to max level in God of War. Hopefully, this guide has helped. You can also check out our guides on Anchor Of Fog & Smoldering Ember in God of War.