Bungie’s Destiny 2 has come a long way from where it started back. With consequent updates, the space and sci-fi FPS have introduced several changes along its journey. But with such changes, several players are confused about their subclasses. These subclasses can offer upgradable and interchangeable abilities to your class type. But how to unlock them? Here’s our guide on how to unlock Subclasses in Destiny 2.
How to Unlock Subclasses in Destiny 2
- You can unlock the subclasses for a character by completing a quest at Cosmodrome.
- You can talk to Ikora Rey or Commander Zavala who will assign you a mission called Guardian Rises.
- As you complete this mission, you will get another mission titled, a Spark of Hope.
- However, you don’t need to complete this mission to unlock Subclasses.
- Once this mission is triggered, head to Ikora Rey who will give you a latent power of light.
- Now, with this latent power, you need to complete the assigned mission to unlock your subclass.
- Depending on the type of your class, you will get different titled missions.
- If you are a Titan, you will get the mission, “Stoking the Flame“.
- For Warlock classes, it’s “Gazing the Abyss“.
- And for Hunter-type classes, this mission is “Riding the Storm“.
- While the titles are different, the objective is similar for all the classes. You need to gather 25,000 XP and collect 10 Orbs of Power to charge your latent elemental type.
How Many Subclasses are there
There are four subclasses for all three classes in Destiny 2. And these subclasses are common to whichever class you choose. This can either be a Titan, Warlock, or Hunter class. These four subclasses are also divided into two main criteria. One is the Light subclass that has three elemental types while the other is a Dark subclass namely Stasis. Coming back to light subclasses, here are the following elemental types:
As you start, you will get one subclass depending on the class that you have selected. For the Titans, it is the Solar elemental-type Sentinel. Players choosing the Warlock class type will start with Dawnblade which is a Void elemental type. Lastly, for Hunters, it is Arcstrider which is Arc elemental. Furthermore, you can also unlock more skill trees for Light subclasses as you progress. You can do so by leveling them up with upgrade points.
Here are all the subclasses that can be unlocked:
- For Titans:
- Striker Arc Subclass
- Sunbreaker Solar Subclass
- For Warlocks
- Stormcaller Arc Subclass
- Voidwalker Void Subclass
- For Hunters
- Gunslinger Subclass
- Nightstalker Subclass
If you are looking to unlock Stasis and its aspects as well as fragments. Check out our detailed guide on how to get stasis, its aspects, and fragments for more insight.
That’s everything covered about how to unlock all subclasses in Destiny 2. If you liked this guide, check out more guides on our dedicated section for Destiny 2 right here on Gamer Tweak.