During the initial days of the Genshin Impact launch, players in the number of thousands have reported their accounts being hacked. The matter went to the stages where the players were vocal about boycotting the game. To combat this, Genshin Impact introduced the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) that players could enable. With Two Factor Authentication, you will have 2 step login. One wherein the users will log in to their Genshin Impact account using their ID and password that they have set. The second step will require the users to input a code that randomly generates on their mobile numbers. For mobile and PC players, this authentication system is directly from miHoYo while the PS players have access to this via Sony’s existing 2A system.
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication for Genshin Impact?
To enable two-factor authentication in Genshin Impact, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the in-game settings.
- There under the ‘Account‘ tab click the ‘User Center’ option.
- After that, you will be redirected to a web page.
- On this Genshin Impact page, you will have the option to link some of your accounts for two-factor authentication.
- There, scroll down until you see the option to link mobile.
- After you click that option, a code will be generated on your phone.
- Enter that code in the text box given on the screen and click ‘Next‘.
- You should get a verification succeeded pop-up.
There you have it. You have successfully enabled the 2FA via mobile. You can also do this by linking your Gmail. So that is all on how to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for Genshin Impact. We recommend you do this step as soon as possible to save your account from hackers and losing all your game progress. If you would like to know about the Windtrace Event that is going to happen in Genshin Impact, we have written an article on that too for you to check.