Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale-hero shooter game where skill & strategies determine the winners of a match. So, this implies that the player’s game should be running at optimal capacity to eliminate factors that will disrupt the player. To accomplish this, Players must improve their skills and learn certain techniques that will separate them from the average players. One such Skill is Tap Strafing in the game. It is one of those skills that greatly benefit the player if they put in the time for it. In this guide, I will show you how to do Tap Strafing in Apex Legends.
How to Do Tap Strafing in Apex Legends
Tap Strafing in Apex Legends is a Movement based Technique that has plenty of uses. A Tap Strafe is a sliding jump where you can make a nearly 180º Strafe jump. This comes in use when you want to turn around obstacles easily. There is one thing you will have to do before you can start doing a Tap Strafing Jump. Here is what you will have to do.
- First, add a second Keybind to your Forward Movement key with either Mouse Scroll Wheel Up or Mouse Scroll Wheel Down.
- Now, it’s time for practice.
- After you do a Slide Jump, Tap on the W Key or the assigned Mouse Scroll multiple times and Air Strafe.
- If you succeed, then you will make a 180º turn mid-jump.
- Tap Strafing combines the Skills of Bunny Hoping & Air Strafing.
- So if you struggle with it, learn these two skills first.
- This Skill is not that hard to learn and you will be able to master it after a few tries.
Tap Strafing is very helpful in moving around the map. Combining it with other Movement Skills can make you a hard target to hit. This Skill is only possible on Mouse & Keyboard. Even though you can make a 180º turn with it, use it to snake around corners & dodging enemies.
This was all about how to Do Tap Strafing in Apex Legends. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our other guides like How To Play & Get Better in Apex Legends.