Have you ever had the problem where your game character starts moving without you moving the Stick on your Pro Controller or Joy Con? Are you having trouble moving your character while using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy Con in any of the games? Then my friend, your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and/or JoyCon is suffering from the Drift issue. This tends to happen after extended use or due to some fault in the product. In today’s article, I will explain the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy Con Drift Fix.
How to Fix the Drifting problem in Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy Con Drift 2022
The Drifting problem in Nintendo Switch’s Pro Controller & Joy Con usually occurs when there is some problem in the analog sticks calibration. So, the quickest fix to the Drift problem is to recalibrate the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & JoyCon. Here is how to do it.
- First, go to the Home Menu and head towards the System Settings.
- Under System Settings, scroll down till you can find Calibrate Control Sticks.
- Now the Menu for Calibrate Control Sticks should appear once you have clicked the option.
- As you get into the Calibration Settings, a Pop Up Menu will appear. It will ask you which analog stick you want to calibrate.
- Click the analog stick that is Drifting, it will tell you that your custom settings for that analog stick will be temporarily disabled. Don’t worry about it and click on OK.
- Upon moving the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy Con Stick, you will be able to see by how much or if the Stick is responding to the Controls appropriately or not.
- Press X to recalibrate and follow through with the instructions that will be given to you.
Other solutions to Fix the Drift problem
After following these steps, the Drifting problem in the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy Con should get fixed. This is a step that should be done as and when you purchase the Controller or Joy Con. If you are lucky then the problem will get fixed else the issue is a bit more serious. If your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy Con is having the Drift problem and is under its warranty period, I suggest you get it checked from Nintendos Customer Care.
That is the safest option. If that is not possible, then you will have to open up the Pro Controller or Joy Con and clean the analog stick with a Contact Cleaner. After that, reassemble the Pro Controller or Joy Con and Recalibrate it. This step must be performed under parental guidance if you are not capable of performing it. A small mistake can lead to big losses. The best solution is to get it checked by a Technician or Nintendo themselves.
If the problem is severe the replacing the Product is the best and only solution. This was all about the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller & Joy Con Drift Fix in 2022. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check our other guides like How To Charge Joy-Cons on a Nintendo Switch.