The new Genshin Impact update allows players to use the cross-save feature to switch accounts between PS4, PS5, PC, and mobile. Earlier, this could be done only on PC and mobile. Since Genshin Impact is a massive game with an intricate gacha system, losing progress or characters can feel like a disaster. Moreover, starting the game all over for switching platforms is redundant. In this guide, you’ll learn how to switch accounts on PS4 with the cross-save feature.
How to Use Cross-Save to Switch Accounts on PS4 in Genshin Impact
Your email account is the only factor you need to keep in mind while switching accounts on various platforms. When you start a new game, you create a Hoyoverse account by default. Similarly, every PlayStation user has a PSN account. To switch between platforms, you must connect your PSN account to your Hoyoverse account.
For example, if you have progress saved on your PS4 and want to switch the account to PC or mobile, then:
- Log in to Genshin Impact on your PS4.
- Then, open Settings and navigate to Account.
- Go to User Center and select Link Account.
- Now, enter your email address.
- This will link your Hoyoverse account to your PSN account.
- Now, use this email to launch Genshin Impact on your PC or mobile.
- Check if the progress has transferred from your PS4 to the PC or Mobile.
Note that once you link your PSN account to the Mihoyo account, they cannot be unlinked. So if you want separate saves, then do not link the two accounts. Another thing to keep in mind is that you cannot use an email that’s already linked to Hoyoverse. Moreover, you cannot use PlayStation-exclusive items on your PC or mobile.
How to Switch to a Different Genshin Impact Account on PS4
Logging out of Genshin Impact is another issue for PS4 players. If you logged into an account by accident and want to use another account, then:
- Go to the main menu.
- Look for a ‘Door’ icon on the right side of the screen.
- Click on this icon to log out of the game.
- Now, you can use another account using a different email.
We hope this guide helped you to switch your Genshin Impact account on PS4 with the cross-save feature. Apart from cross-saving, you should also keep this game up to date, so here’s how to update it on PC, console, and mobile.