Many Overwatch 2 players can’t play the game because they get stuck on the Applying update screen. The worst part is it can also ban you and administer a timer that can last for as long as 40 minutes, without even any mistake you made. So here is what you should know about the Stuck on Applying Update bug for Overwatch 2 and how you can fix it.
How to Fix Stuck on Applying Update for Overwatch 2
There seems to be no official way to Fix the Stuck on Applying Update error for this game. It will fully resolve when the developers release a fix for it. But in the meanwhile here are some solutions you can try for resolving this error:
- Restart the Game: If you get stuck on Applying Update then immediately restart your game. If you happen to be lucky you just might rejoin the game and avoid a ban. It has very low chances but might help you out.
- Update your game: The next best fix is to keep your game up to date. This issue will fix for good when the developers patch it up. You can check if there are any updates available for the game from Battle.net. If there are then update and restart Overwatch 2. Try playing now and you should not get stuck on Applying Update screen.
- Scan and Repair Game files: Battle.net allows you to verify the file integrity of your games. So after you get stuck on the Applying Update screen, close the game.
- Open Battle and go to Overwatch 2 in your games.
- Click on the settings icon beside the Play button.
- Here, choose Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the client to replace any corrupt game files. Now restart the system and then try playing the game.
- Reinstall the game: If none of the above fixes work then you should probably reinstall the game. You can also uninstall the Battle.net launcher and reinstall everything from scratch to see if it works.
That covers this guide on the Stuck on Applying Update issue for Overwatch 2 and possible ways on how to fix it. Since you like playing this game I suggest you also check out our OW2 Wiki to get help on other such topics.