What does the Steam Must Be Running To Play This Game error mean and what can you do to fix it? This question is on the minds of many players of different games. Today, let’s look at everything you can try to potentially resolve this issue.
How to Fix Steam Must Be Running To Play This Game Error
These are the troubleshooting tips to fix the Steam Must Be Running To Play This Game error that’s coming up.
There could be a new update that needs to be installed because without it, some games will not launch or be playable. Make sure you download the newest version of Steam on your PC for this purpose.
There Could be a Problem with Steam Installation
In case you installed Steam recently, there could have been some issues during the installation process where files got corrupted. To fix this, uninstall Steam and reinstall it again.
Steam is not on your PC
You may see the message “Make sure you are logged into Steam and try again.” For many games, Steam is necessary to work so if you had deleted the client previously, you will have to install it again to ensure that the game starts and works seamlessly.
Run Steam as Administrator
This may or may not work for you but running Steam as admin could possibly help you launch the game you want to play.
Verify the Game Files on Steam
- Start Steam.
- Find the game in your library.
- Right-click on the game and click on Properties.
- Find the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- After the process is done, reload the game.
Repair Easy Anti Cheat
- Go to Steam Library.
- Click on the game (eg, New World) from the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Settings (Gear icon on right)
- From Settings, hover mouse over “Manage”
- Then click on “Browse local files”
- Now the New World Folder will open on your PC file manager.
- Then open the “EasyAntiCheat” folder
- Now you will see an “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” file inside this folder.
- Right-click on it, and select “Run as an Administrator”
- Make sure to select “New World” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Repair Service”
- Wait for the service to finish.
- After this, you should ideally be able to log into the server.
These were all the troubleshooting tips to fix the Steam Must Be Running To Play This Game error. For more Steam guides, stay with Gamer Tweak.