If you use Steam, you may know about the cloud saves feature in the application. You can get this option for free through a basic feature in Steam. Steam offers you the option to retrieve any of your saved files. In this article, we will show you how to download your cloud saves.
How to Download Steam Cloud Saves?
If you want to know how to download Steam cloud saves, keep reading the points below:
- To download the Steam cloud saves, you will first need to go to the Cloud page located on the Steam website.
- Here, you will have to log in with your details, like your username and your password. After you enter all of these details, you will be asked to enter your Steam guard code.
- Once you enter this code, you will be presented with a list of all of your games that are using Steam cloud saves.
- You can also select the games you specifically want by searching for them. To do so, press Ctrl + F to bring up the search bar.
- Now, you will have to select the Show Files button. Doing so will show you all of the saved files.
- Once you do this, you will be able to click on the Download button for your respective files. Doing so will download the selected Steam cloud save.
This is how you can download your cloud saves on Steam. As you can see, this is a pretty easy process that does not take much time. Cloud saves will help you save the progress that you have worked hard for. This is especially handy in situations where your game might be corrupted or your PC may crash.
How to Enable Steam Cloud Sync?
- Before anything else, you will first have to make sure that you have enabled Steam’s Cloud Sync feature.
- To do so, you will have to head to the Steam library. From here, you will have to choose your game and right-click on it.
- Once you do so, click on the Properties button. Now, click on the Updates tab.
- Once you do so, make sure that you have ticked the box next to “Enable Steam Cloud Synchronisation”.
- Steam will not automatically download or upload your cloud saves until you select this option.
If you found this guide useful, check out how you can change your name on Steam.