When using Steam, you might come across the need to change your username. In this article, we will show you how to do so on both PC & Mobile.
How to Change Username in Steam?
If you want to learn how to change your Steam username on PC & Mobile, keep reading the steps below:
Changing Username on PC
- If you use Steam on PC and want to change your username, you will have to follow these steps.
- First, open the Steam application on your PC.
- Once you do so, you will need to head to your Profile page.
- You should find this page right next to the Community tab. Your current username will be the title of this page.
- Once you open the Profile page, you will need to go to the Edit Profile button. You will find it on the right side of your screen.
- Upon opening the Edit Profile button, you will be taken to an About page.
- To the left, this page will have several tabs from where you will be able to change your profile preferences and settings.
- To change the username, you will need to go to the General tab.
- Here, you will find your current username.
- You can head to the text box and type in your desired username.
- Once you do so, scroll down until you find the Save option.
- Click on Save to apply all of your changes.
Changing Username on Mobile
- To change your username on Mobile, read the steps below.
- Open the Steam application on your mobile phone.
- Once you do so, you will find three vertical lines on the upper left of your screen.
- After you click on this icon, you will find a list of different options.
- Scroll until you find the You & Friends option.
- Clicking on this option will give you a drop-down menu.
- You will find the Profile option here. Click on it.
- Now, you will need to click on the Edit Profile button.
- From here, you can enter your new username in the text box.
- Once you enter your desired username, scroll down and click on Save Changes to apply all your changes.
This is how you can change your Steam username on Pc & Mobile. As you can see, this is a pretty simple process as long as you follow these steps.
If you found this guide helpful, check out how you can fix the ‘Creating Your Steam Account’ problem.