Stances or Combat Stances are types of attack styles in Ghost of Tsushima. There are four different stances in the game and each can be upgraded via Observing. We have a separate guide on how to observe leaders in Ghost of Tsushima that will guide you about unlocking Stance upgrades via a process of observing leaders. For stances as Jin, you can switch between attacks and use them against different types of enemies. Stances are highly effective and amplify attacks on the battleground. So here is a Ghost of Tsushima Stances Walkthrough.
What are Stances and types of Stances in Ghost of Tsushima?
Stone, Water, Wind, and Moon are four types of stances in Ghost of Tsushima. You can changes stances by holding R2 during the battle. All stances are a form of attack style and consist of collections of attacks. Their types will help you to use them against enemies that are vulnerable to the attack type. For example, Stone Stance is highly effective against Swordsmen. And you can amplify stagger damage by performing a heavy attack using Stone Stance.
It is crucial to learn about each stance and what they are best against. If you remember this detail it will guide you to inflict the highest possible damage to the type of enemy in front of you. So here are different types of stances, how to perform them, and what are the best for?
Types of Stances:
1. Stone Stance – Best against Mongol Swordsmen, heavy attack cause extra Stagger Damage.
- Press Triangle three time for Sword Breaker attack.
- Hold Triangle for Piercing Strike.
2. Water Stance – Best against Mongol Shield men, heavy attack cause extra Stagger Damage.
- Press Triangle three time for Shield Breaker attack.
- Hold Triangle & press two times for Flurry Strike.
3. Wind Stance – Best against Spear Men, heavy attack cause extra Stagger Damage.
- Press Triangle three time for Spear Breaker attack.
- Hold Triangle for Typhoon Kick.
4. Moon Stance – Best against Brutes, heavy attack cause extra Stagger Damage.
These are the four stances in Ghost of Tsushima and what they are best for. Now you can deal with the kind of enemy standing in front of you. If you are dealing with Spear Men then use Wind Stance, press triangle three times to perform Spear Breaker Attack, or hold Triangle for Typhoon Kick. This will help you to deal with stronger enemies on the grounds and break their defense.