When you face Spiritomb in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl, it seems to have no weakness. This bizarre Pokemon will run through your team like they are nothing. If you are looking for its weaknesses then you must be battling the Champion, Cynthia. Her Spiritomb has haunted trainers for years. But with the help of this guide, you have a better chance of beating this Pokemon.
Spiritomb Weakness – How to Beat It in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl
What makes fighting this Pokemon tricky is its dual elemental type. Spiritomb is a Dark-Ghost dual-type so its only weakness is Fairy-type Pokemon. This type was not introduced till Generation 6 so Spiritomb was truly invincible. However, since its introduction, you can use this weakness to beat it in BDSP. To do so, you’ll need Fairy-type Pokemon or moves.
Beating Spiritomb Tips – BDSP
Since we know Spiritomb’s weakness, here are some tips to beat this Pokemon in BDSP:
- Use Pokemon like Azumarill, Togekiss, or Clefable.
- You can also use Gardevoir or Sylveon since they too are Fairy-types.
- Acquire Fairy-type moves like Moon Blast, Play Rough, or Dazzling Gleam. You can buy Dazzling Gleam TM at Veilstone City Department Store for 3,000 Poke Dollars.
- Use Status Condition attacks like Flamethrower to cause Burn. Since Spiritomb is bulky, this will help you deplete its health.
- Carry an X Sp. Defense and use it as soon as the battle starts. Spiritomb uses Special Attacks so this item will sharply boost your Sp. Defense.
- Avoid Pokemon with Normal, Fight, and Psychic elemental-type attacks since they will have no effect on Spiritomb.
- Make sure you save the PP of all Fairy attacks before facing Spiritomb. The Pressure ability will cut down your PP by 2 instead of 1.
- Look for the Pixie Plate item and make your Fairy-type Pokemon hold it to boost its attacks.
That’s all from us on Spiritomb’s Weakness in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl, and how to beat it. For more helpful guides like How to Beat Cynthia, make sure you visit our Guides section on GamerTweak.