If you are a fan of the Harry Potter series then you must’ve wanted to own a wand and cast spells. Luckily Hogwarts Legacy has a list of spells from the original series for you to use. In this open-world action RPG game, you will walk the halls of the legendary Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as a student. And according to the game footage, you learn spellcasting by attending classes. In this article, we will list down all the incantations you can use for exploration and combat in Hogwarts Legacy.
List of Hogwarts Legacy Spells
This list features all the spells shown in the gameplay Showcase and trailers, and more will be introduced when the game releases on February 10th.
- Accio: Summons an object or a combatant toward the caster.
- Revelio: Reveals hidden objects.
- Bombarda: Creates a small explosion.
- Confringo: Creates a fiery blast.
- Depulso: Pushes the target away from the caster.
- Descendo: Causes objects or combatants to fall down.
- Diffindo: Precisely cuts or tears objects.
- Expelliarmus: Disarms the opponent.
- Glacius: Freezes the target.
- Incendio: Produces fire.
- Wingardium Leviosa: Levitates opponents or objects.
- Locomotor: Lifts an object a few inches off the ground and moves it in any direction.
- Lumos: Illuminates the tip of the caster’s wand.
- Oppugno: Directs an object or individual to attack the target.
- Petrificus Totalus: Temporarily binds the target.
- Protego: Shields the user from curses and jinxes.
- Reducto: Breaks objects.
- Reparo: Reairs broken objects.
- Stupefy: Stuns the opponent.
- Imperio: Forces the will of the caster on the target.
- Crucio: Causes extreme pain to the target.
- Avada Kedavra: Kills the target.
As you progress through the game, you’ll be able to upgrade these spells using the Talents system.
How to Use Spells?
The spells are divided into two categories i.e. Slottable and Essential. Slottable spells can be assigned to the Spell Diamond and can be used by pressing the assigned buttons. Moreover, there are 4 separate Diamonds and you can cycle through them so you get quick access to 16 spells. After every use, there will be a cooldown period for them to charge up, and the period will increase based on their strength. The essential ones are frequently used so they are assigned to buttons with easy access like the D-Pad.