One of the worst things to happen in a multiplayer game is that the sound or audio stops working. It can make the game virtually unplayable, especially if the sound cuts off, lags, or the volume doesn’t work. If you are facing the Fortnite audio not working glich or issue on Xbox, here’s everything you can do to fix this.
Fortnite Audio and Sound Not Working On Xbox Glitch Fix
As per the tweet by @FortniteStatus, the developers are investigating an audio glitch that is occurring for Xbox players. This could be related to the changes made in the recent update, and there is nothing much you can do from your end. But, there are a few things you can try to see if, luckily, the problems get resolved.
Check your Volume and Audio Settings
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Head to Profile & System > Settings > General > Volume & Audio Output.
- Change the volume settings to different ones and check if it makes a difference.
Disconnect your Headphones and Reconnect them
- Sometimes, it could be your headset that has the issues, so remove the wire/disconnect them and reconnect to test if the problem is related to your game/Xbox or your headset.
Check the HDMI cable
- Make sure that your HDMI cable is securely connected with your Xbox because if the cable is loose or damaged, it can create audio and sound issues in games including Fortnite.
If the issues are truly from Fortnite’s end and are a widespread occurrence, restarting your game or Xbox console may not help. But it’s worth an attempt if it’s a bug that has been coming up after playing for a while.
This is everything you can do to fix the audio and sound not working issues in Fortnite. Keep an eye out on the @fortnitestatus page to get all the latest updates (don’t forget to turn on push notifications to stay up to date).
For more Fortnite related tips, tricks and more, be sure to explore our guides on Gamer Tweak.