Many players are looking for the locations of Smithing stones in Elden Ring. This is a very important item that you can use to upgrade your weapons or shields. But while the process sounds simple there are a few things that you should know about. And these things include the different levels of these stones. So in this guide let us take a look at how to use the Smithing stones in Elden Ring, also learn their locations and where you can buy them.
How to Use Smithing Stones in Elden Ring
As explained above, you can use Smithing Stones in Elden Ring to upgrade your weapons and shields. These stones are of different levels. The more you level up your weapon or shield the more stones the next upgrade will require.
Each smithing stone you need can raise your armaments level by 3 then you need the next stone for upgrading. So for example you can use Smithing Stone  to increase your weapon or shields to +3, Smithing Stone  to +6, till you reach Smithing stone  that raises your armaments level to +24. Only the last Smithing Stone  raises the level by 1 that is to +25. Thanks to Fextralife for information about the levels of Smithing stones.
In order to upgrade your weapons or shields, you can either use the smithing table at the Church of Elleh. Or you can ask Smithing Master Hewg at Roundtable hold to smith your armaments for you. You can also find other smithing masters or tables to help upgrade your armaments.
Smithing Stones Locations
You are sure to find more smithing stones as you explore the open world. Below are some of the stones that you can get easily.
- Fast Travel to Morne Tunnel site of Grace and go east to reach a Smithing Stone mine. Here you can find several Smithing Stones .
- You can also find many different levels of Smithing stones near the Liftside chamber site of grace.
- Go south from Castle Morne Lift to get a Smithing Stone .
- You can get a Smithing Stone  by going south from Stormveil Cliffside site of grace.
- You can find Smithing Stone  near the Divine Tower of Caelid.
For more stones, you can visit the locations shown in the image above. Thanks to Map Genie for their interactive map of Elden Ring.
Where to Buy Smithing Stones in Elden Ring
There are two places where you can buy Smithing Stones in Elden Ring.
- The first is buying them from the Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable hold. Although, you will first need to offer them Smithing-stone Miner’s bell bearing before you can buy it. You can get this item by defeating the Crystalian boss at Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel. If you need some extra help with this then check our guide on all Bell Bearing Locations.
- Alternatively, you can also buy Smithing stones from Smithing Master Iji. You can find him near the Kingsgrave ruins.
That covers everything you should know on Smithing Stones in Elden Ring, about how to buy & use them and their locations. In case you are looking for the Somber Smithing Stone 5, then we have you covered with a guide on it. And for more things on this game check out our Elden Ring section.